Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Nora stood frozen staring at her mother in complete and utter shock. 

“Erickson! Erickson!” Her shrill voice lilted like nails on a chalk board. 

“No mother. I don’t want to talk to him. Mother.” Nora hissed. Her heart felt like it was beating out of control. She allowed herself a quick glance up at the sandy haired man walking towards them. 

“Erickson dear! Goodness I haven’t seen you in quite a while!” 

Nora snapped her glance at her feet and kept it there, wondering wether or not she should run. 

“Indeed. How are you Mrs. Hamilton?” She could hear the smile in his voice and it killed her not to look. But she knew it would kill her even more to see his beautiful face. 

“Oh I’m just fine my dear boy, and your mother? Suzan? How is she fairing these days?” 

“She is doing quite well, thank you for asking...” Nora watched as his weight shifted from his left to his right foot. 

“And you...Nora” He paused and there was an audible swallow “How, how are you?” 

“Fine. Thanks.” She still kept her view at her feet and curtsied quickly. 

“Wonderful. Good. I’m glad.” Erik quickly added then cleared his throat. 

They stood silently for almost a minute before Erik added..

“Excuse me Mrs. Hamilton...Nora.” He bowed and began to walk off behind them but Nora felt a brush of his hand on her lower back.

The slight contact caused her to glance behind her. Erik and Nora made eye contact for a split second and in that instance Nora was transported back to her youth...

----------

(A/N: Flashback here just incase it wasn’t clear) 

Nora reached for the next branch, her fingers barely brushed it before she felt herself falling. She let out a wild scream as she tumbled roughly to the ground and landed with a thud. 

Another thud sounded beside her and rough hands righted her position on the ground to sitting. 

“Are you alright?!” Erik’s clear blue eyes stared into hers laden with extreme worry. 

“I’m fine.” She replied whipping off the sleeves of her dress that were covered in leaves and branches. 

His rough hands gripped the sides of her face suddenly. 

“Nora. Are you sure you’re okay?” He brushed some hair gingerly behind her ears. 

“I’m fine!” She laughed half at herself and half in embarrassment. 

“No more tree climbing for you.” Erik teased but then his expression turned sober. 

“Does it hurt anywhere?” 

Nora rolled her eyes. “No.” 

His clear blue eyes inspected her face slowly then traveled downwards. 

“You’ve cut up your hands!” He swooped them up in his large palm and cradled them gently. 

“It hardly hurts.”  She tried to pull them away but he stopped her and his gaze became intense. 

Ever so slowly he brought her slender hands up and placed his lips against the angry red cuts. 

“Feel better?” His eyes bore into hers with intensity. 

“A little.” She breathed. 

He rolled up her sleeve and inspected her arms, a faint bruise was just barely becoming visible on her upper arm. He pressed his lips upon it and moved upwards. 

“Anywhere else?” The question was seductive and alluring. 

“No...” Nora shook her head quickly, almost frantic.

“Well then.” Erik cupped her face in defeat and placed a kiss at the peak of her forehead. 

Nora’s thoughts swam wildly and her skin felt feverish and foreign. 

Erik pulled away but stayed in his squatted position right in front of her. 

“..Actually...it hurts...here.” Nora delicately placed two fingers upon her lower lip.

Erik’s eyes suddenly ignited with a passionate fire Nora had never seen. He was upon her in an instant-

-------

Nora snapped back into reality just as Erikson turned away and head out the large double doors.