Twisted Minds

"Jack, I'm not sure if we should go in there," Elsa whispered as Jack was leading her by the hand in the dark hallways. "We need to do this, Elsa," Jack said. He stopped for a moment to face her. He smiled warmly at her as he cupped her cheek. He planted a small kiss on her forehead before they made their way through the twisted tunnels of Pitch Black's lair.

"We need to find that Switch," Jack said. From what the Guardians knew, the 'Switch' or so they've called it, is a device that somehow changes people to their opposite personalities. Not much was known about it other than the fact that Pitch currently was in possession of it and that wasn't good. And besides, if it changes people to their opposite personalities then ultimately, it could change people from bad to good.

There was a long winded hallway before them with a single door at the end. Obviously, that was the path that Jack and Elsa took. Both of them were surprised that there wasn't much security protecting the breach. "I guess they weren't expecting guests.." Elsa mumbled as they approached the door.

With a deep breath, Jack slowly turned the doorknob. Elsa squeezed his hand a little as he did so. Surprisingly nothing happened. Jack peeked his head in the door to check for booby traps and such, but no. There were none. Cautiously the pair stepped into the room. It was a normal 'Pitch Black' room per say. The walls were black, the large table in the center of the room was black and there were statues of horse heads on podiums, which were, of course, black.

Elsa and Jack start to wander around the room. So far nothing seemed suspicious. Elsa tried moving the horse heads to see if they would open a secret door or something. "I guess it's not in here." Jack sighed defeatedly. "And even if it was, we don't even know what it looks like."

Don't blame Jack for giving up. They've been in Pitch's lair for 2 months almost, sneaking around looking for the Switch. But after sleeping in a cold dark room with one other person for nearly 2 months, Jack's determination was going down.

"You're right Jack, but you know how important this mission is." Elsa said as she walked to him. She rubbed his arm a little before giving him a hug. "I know, it's that this is all so...stressful," Jack said as he inhaled her strawberry scent and closed his eyes for a bit. Elsa pulled away and smiled at him while gently brushing his cheek. "I know, Jack, I know." She whispered.

They went back to searching. Jack looked under the table. Nothing. Maybe there was something under the rug? There were in action movies. "Elsa, help me lift this table." Jack gestured for her to come. With a heave, they managed to lift the table off of the rug. Jack pulled the rug, which was surprisingly, pretty heavy. He ended up just rolling it up and kicking it to the side.

Evidently, there was a door underneath the rug. A big metal trapdoor with a kind of pulley, almost. Jack and Elsa twisted the knob with an effort and the door opened with a loud CLING. They both froze for a moment, waiting to see if anyone heard that. When no reaction came, they peeped down the hatch. It was pitch black and very hard to see.

Elsa made a cloud of snowflakes which she sent down. They provided enough light to show that there was a spiral staircase leading down. Jack and Elsa looked at one another as a confirmation before lowering themselves down. The atmosphere was damp and cold but of course, one one felt cold. The handrails were slick and they made their way slowly down the stairs. They shivered, not because of the cold, but at the gloomy setting which, dare I say it, was too gloomy even for Pitch.

Elsa kept making little ice stalagmites along the handrails to provide enough light. There wasn't much other than the stairway for now. At the bottom of the stairway was a door. An average sized door which had a chink of light surrounding it. It seems cheesier than pizza, but it was there. Jack held his breath as he turned the handle. Once again, the door was unlocked.