Chapter 8

Carly's P.O.V

The next morning, I found myself staring at the ceiling while clutching a pillow against my chest. My mind kept replying the conversation from last night. Orlando opened up to me about something that pained him to talk about. Orlando had retreated to his room last night. I haven't heard another word from him since. I should help get his mind off of that girl who broke his heart.

Tossing the pillow on the floor, I walked down the hallway to face Orlando's door. I knocked lightly but there was no answer. So I knocked even harder but there was still no answer.

"Open the door, Orlando, and stop drowning in your own tears." I yelled and banged on the door. Anger raced through my body as I proceeded to kick the door and fell to the floor holding my throbbing foot.

"And what was the point of that?" A voice asked and I looked up to see Orlando walking out of the bathroom. His hair was wet and he was holding a towel.

"I thought you were depressed from last night so I came to check on you." I mumbled as I slowly pulled myself up.

"That was a very well thought out plan." He chuckled as I limped on my stubbed toes.

"I was going to be a nice person and take you out for the day but you can cry me a river for all I care." I scowled and twirled around to return to my bedroom. Orlando grapes my arm and spun me around.

"Where exactly would we go?" He pondered as I shrugged out of his grip.

"The Santa Monica Pier." I suggested and crossed my arms over my chest. Orlando eyed me before nodding slowly.

"Let me check with Aunt Ruth then we can go." Orlando stated before heading down the stairs.

I rubbed my tingling arm. For some reason, Orlando's touch gave me goosebumps that ran up my left arm. I've never felt this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach before but I wish it would disappear.

Taren's P.O.V

My lips curled into a smile the moment I woke up the next morning. Jase and I talked for hours sitting in his car eating In & Out. It was difficult to keep up Carly's snotty girl act. Jase is just the kind of person you can't lie too.

"Good morning, Miss. Carly." Fiona greeted as she burst through the doors and set a tray on my lap.

"And good morning to you too," Fiona handed me a napkin as she took the cover off the breakfast dish. Pancakes smothered in maple syrup with a side of bacon stared back at me. "How about we take this outside on the porch? It's a beautiful day out and you should join me."

"Are you serious?" Fiona asked as her eyes grew wider.

"Of course. You work non-stop and I want you to enjoy your time here. Join me for breakfast, I insist."

I changed out of my pj's and ventured outside where Fiona ordered her own breakfast. We talked on the patio about nothing specific until her food was delivered.

"Those guys can really cook, huh?" I asked and Fiona nodded while digging into her BLT.

"Good morning, ladies." A males voice greeted us. I twisted around to see Jase waving at me. I motioned to the empty seat next to me as he approached us.

"Jase, this is my friend Fiona." I introduced them as they shook hands. Fiona smiled at the mention of the word friend.

"It's very nice to meet you." Jase nodded before turning to me. "Are you free today?"

"Miss. Carly, you have an interview with People Magazine to discuss your break up." Fiona admitted but I waved her off.

"I'm not going to stoop to Alex's level and talk trash about him. I'm going to be the bigger person here. Tell them I cancel. I'm going to hang out with a wonderful boy named Jase today."

I pushed my plate forward and tugged at Jase's arm as I pulled him to his car. We hopped in and headed out of the gated community.

"Can we go to the Santa Monica Pier?" I suggested and bounced in my seat with excitement.

"Someone's overly excited. Haven't you been to the pier before?" Jase asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah but it's been awhile since my last visit." I stuttered and Jase nodded while turning the radio up.

After a long drive, Jase pulled into the parking lot and I practically jumped out of the car before he parked. People were scattered across the pier as kids ran around holding stuffed animals and cotton candy. The screams from the rides echoed across the parking lot. The sun cast down on the smiling faces of everyone on the pier.

"How many tickets do you want?"

"Ten tickets each." I smiled and tugged him into the ticket line. My eyes wondered around the pier and fell upon a girl that looked a lot like me. A tall, dark haired boy followed behind her. "Crap, Orlando!"

"What's wrong?" Jase patted my shoulder with a concerned look.

"Nothing." I fake smiled and turned his attention towards the ticket booth. I glanced over in their direction as they walked out of sight.

I was starting to grow fond of Jase and I didn't want him to find out I was lying in the middle of our date. If he even thinks this is a date. I just want one more day with him. It'll take all my will power to keep him from seeing them. Let the game begin.

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.