Chapter 15

Carly's P.O.V

"Why'd you bring the old lady?" I asked as Orlando came out of the house with his Aunt Ruth.

"What if those guys find out where we live? I'm not leaving her home alone." Orlando replied and pointed at Jase. "Who's that?"

"This is Jase, he wants to help," I replied and Orlando nodded.

"What guys are you talking about?" Aunt Ruth added but I waved her off.

"We need to track down Taren and ambush the place. They have guns though. We may need backup." I explained will tapping my foot.

"Guns?" Orlando shockingly repeated

"What's all this talk about guns?" Aunt Ruth interrupted.

"We can call the police as we pull up to the place and stall them until help arrives. I'll grab Taren." Jase suggested.

"One of us needs to have a gun in case things get ugly." I continued.

"Who's Carly?" Aunt Ruth spoke and I sighed loudly.

"I'm not your granddaughter," I began and Ruth just stared at me in confusion. "We accidentally switched places and now, bad people have her somewhere and we need to find her."

"These guys are really bad news?" Ruth answered and I nodded. She dug through her purse and pulled out a small handgun. "Then you'll need this."

"Aunt Ruth!" Orlando shouted and grabbed the weapon from her. "How the hell did you get a gun?"

"I know a guy." She shrugged and I burst out laughing.

"You're cooler than I thought you were, Ruth," I said in between chuckles and patted her on the back. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I fished it out to see Taren calling. "It's Taren!"

"Answer it!" Orlando demanded.

I tapped the answer button and pressed it to my ear. "Taren! Are you okay? Where are you?"

"What the hell is this?" A man answered and my face grew hot from anger.

"Where the hell is she, Michael?" I replied with clenched fists.

"This was unexpected," He sighed into the phone and I could hear slamming in the background. "Since when did you have a twin?"

"She's not my twin. She's just some girl who looks like me." I frustratingly replied.

"I can work with this," He evilly chuckled. "We want 30 million bucks wired to my bank account by sundown. You'll get back your little friend after that. If we don't get the money by then, consider Taren dead."

"How do I know you'll let her go?"

"You know we're only in it for the money. Nobody needs to get hurt as long as everyone does their part." Michael answered.

"Let me talk to her first," I demanded and heard a door open in the background.

"Carly?" Taren's shaky voice called out and my heart fell to my feet. "What is happening? They think I'm you and I don't know what to do."

"Taren, calm down." I slowly responded and took a deep breath. "We're going to get you out of there."

"The money better be there by sundown," Michael added and the call ended.

"What did they say?" Orlando eagerly asked as I headed to the house.

"They want 30 million dollars wired to their bank account by sundown or Taren's dead." I nonchalantly replied as I walked up the porch steps.

"What!?" Jase shouted and I turned to see their three worried faces.

"They're not getting my money and Taren's not going to die," I reassured and ran a hand through my hair. "Do you have a laptop?"

"It's on the table in the living room," Orlando directed as I ran inside. "Why do you need it?"

"I've been trained by the top hackers in the country and I'm going to trace this call to find out where they're holding Taren," I explained and sat on the couch, pulling the laptop on my lap. Everyone crowded around me as I connected my phone to the computer.

Time to find Taren.

Taren's P.O.V

"Full house, boys." I could hear the men's voices as they played cards.

This is the end. Why did I have to look like Carly and be kidnapped by strange men? I've always been a good person. I was all out of tears as I scanned the room carelessly. The room was small and dirty with shelves of cleaning supplies. The ceiling was higher than the walls of the room so I could hear everything that was happening. I needed to get out of here.

I moved my mouth in awkward angles until the duck tape was hanging half off my mouth. I searched the room and my eyes landed on a broken pair of scissors. I scooted over to it and felt around until it was in my hands. The blade slightly cut into my hand and I winced in pain. I kept rubbing until my hands were set free. I ripped the tap off my hands and my mouth before cutting my legs free.

"Dang," I whispered to myself. "I'm like a spy."

"Royal flush!" One of the men shouted and my eyes flickered to the ceiling.

Shelves of things were stacked up against the wall. I steadied myself on the bottom shelf and hauled myself up to get a better look at the inside of the building. If help didn't arrive, I need an escape plan. The building was huge and looked like a shutdown factory of some sort. The only exits were the main doors and a back entrance to the far left. I could make a distraction and slip over the top of this small room.

"Hey!" One of the guys shouted and locked eyes with me.

"AHH!" I yelled as I lost my footing and tumbled to the floor. Boxes and cleaning supplies fell around me. So much for being a spy.

The door flew open and two guys glowered down at me. I awkwardly chuckled and pretended to be cleaning. One of the guys grabbed my arm and yanked me into the main room. He grabbed a roll of duct tape off the table and dragged me over to a pole. He tied my hands to it and I sighed loudly.

"You're a feisty one," The main guy smirked and caressed my check. "I like that."

"Go to hell." I blurted out and whipped my head away from his hand. He chuckled and stepped back slowly before returning to the card game. The rest of them laughed at me and shuffled cards in their hands.

Where is Carly and her backup?

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.