Chapter 4

Taren's P.O.V

The window slid open with ease and I looked down to see a brown haired boy waving up at me.

"Hi?" I awkwardly greeted with raised eyebrows.

"You're home." The boy said with a smile. The sunset cloaked over the boy as he raised an arm to block the sun. I'll admit, he's gorgeous.

"Uh...who are you again?" I blurted out.

"Its me, Jase, your favorite guy in the whole world." Jase joked with arms wide open.

"Right, what are you doing here?" I chuckled and leaned forward.

"I saw your limo earlier and I wanted to ask how Miami was?" Jase asked and ran a hand through his hair.

"Great, I guess. Do I normally like Miami?" I asked myself more than Jase.

"Sure...can we continue this conversation in your room?" Jase questioned.

"Yeah, just go to the front door and I'll tell Fiona to let you in." I ordered and placed my hands on the window to shut it.

"You know I can't do that. Our dads are mortal enemies." Jase explained as if it were obvious.

"Well, how are you going to get up here then?"

"Let down your hair," Jase replied with a cheeky smile. "Or a long bed sheet."

I rolled my eyes and found extra bed sheets under the bed. I tied them together and threw the sheet out the window to pull Jase up. It took me awhile but I managed to haul the boy through my window. I got a closer look at him. His brown hair had light blond streaks from the sun and freckles scattered around his nose.

"You're acting really different. Did something happen in Miami?" Jase asked and jumped on the pink bed, making himself at home.

"No, why would you ask that?" I nervously asked with a chuckle.

"Because you would never let me in your room before and I swear sometimes you hate me." Jase explained.

"I don't hate you. Sometimes you catch me when I'm having a bad day." I replied slowly and inched towards the bed.

"You must have a lot of bad days." Jase chuckled. There was a knock at the door and we shared glances before he jumped off the bed.

"Closet." Jase whispered before running into the walk in.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Miss. Hanson, the kitchen prepared a chicken for you. We apologize for the misunderstanding." Fiona explained.

"Thank you. I'll be right down." I smiled as she closed the door behind her. Jase exited the closet with a confused face.

"I should be heading out. Have fun with your chicken, vegetarian." Jase winked as I lowered him down to the ground. Jase waved and ran through the bushes. If Carly didn't want him, I could take him off her hands.

Carly's P.O.V

Going through these boring yearbooks was, well, boring. I didn't end up eating any of that garbage these people call food. I needed food that's home grown and fresh, not soaked in fat. I flipped the page and re-adjusted myself on the ugly bed.

"Who are you?" A voice asked from the doorway. I glanced up to see Orlando with a stern facial expression.

"Don't you knock?" I scoffed and returned my eyes to the yearbook. Orlando closed the door and snatched the yearbook from my hands.

"Why are you so annoying? Give it back." I demanded and hopped to my feet to jump for the book.

"Who are you?" Orlando questioned again.

"Are you stupid? I'm Car- I mean Taren. Duh!" I stuttered and played with a strand of my hair.

"I think I'd know my own cousin and you're not her." Orlando explained and lowered the book down to me. I angrily grabbed it and sat down on the bed.

"Fine, I'm not your cousin. Happy now?" I sighed and opened the yearbook again.

"Where is Taren?" Orlando angrily asked.

"She's livin' it up in my mansion while I'm stuck in this rat hole." I spat and tossed the yearbook to the side.

"Why? Wait, who even are you?" He stuttered and pointed at me.

"I'm Carly Hanson. The daughter of a billionaire," I replied with an award winning grin. "Taren and I mixed up our rides at the airport and now, I'm here."

"Ok, I'm trying not to freak out right now," Orlando breathed out and sat down next to me. "When exactly are you two switching back?"

"Hopefully soon." I sighed.

"Well, while you're here," Orlando started and stood up to make his way out the door. "You're going to have to act like Taren and that means doing her chores. So, get some sleep because we have a lot of work tomorrow."

"Excuse me? What do you mean by work?" I snapped and eyed him.

"Yard work" Orlando chuckled and closed the door behind him. I hate that guy.

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.