Chapter 12

Taren's P.O.V

The strobe lights brought the dance floor to life. Warm body's rubbed against one another. Everyone was dressed classy but nobody was acting it. The guests reeked of booze and expensive wine. My stomach almost couldn't handle the smell, not to mention I was starving. The small food platters weren't stocked full of good snacks. Cheese and crackers wasn't going to hold me over. I was wondering around the house, trying to find something actually edible.

"Isn't this party a hit?" Justice stumbled out of the crowd and draped an arm around me. It wasn't even an hour into the party yet and her breath already smelt like beer. "You're welcome."

"Thank you?" I muttered and before I could blink, she collapsed into some guy's arms and started dancing on him.

Fiona was standing by the back door and I rushed over to her with a smile. "Do you think you could get me a burger or something, please?"

"Of course." She quickly response and booked it for the kitchen. She was probably tired of watching minors drown themselves in alcohol.

"Who are you?" A shaky voice sounded from behind me. I turned to see Grace shooting daggers at me with her arms crossed.

"What are you talking about?" I nervously laughed and twirled a strand of hair around my finger. "I'm Carly, silly."

"No you're not," Grace spat and nodded towards the kitchen. "Carly's a vegetarian."

"Shoot." I mumbled under the loud pounding music.

"You've been acting weird all day. Tell me who you are or I'll tell Justice." She threatened and began to walk off. I grasped her forearm and hauled her inside the house.

"Fine," I frustratingly began and took a deep breath before continuing. "You're probably not going to believe me but my names Taren and I look exactly like Carly. I came here to visit my grandmother but I accidentally got into the wrong car."

"Why do I believe you?" Grace chuckled after a long pause. "You're too nice to be Carly."

"You believe me?"

"Carly has no sense of humor so, this can't be a joke," She began and listed on her fingers. "She would never do drugs so, this can't be a hallucination."

"You aren't going to tell anybody, are you?" I nervously asked and rubbed my arm.

"And have Carly get back her sooner?" Grace gasped sarcastically and placed a hand over her chest. "Never."

"Sorry to interrupt," A deep voice sounded from behind. I turned to see Jase staring down at me with a smile. "Carly, you look beautiful as always."

"Um...thanks," I stuttered and a huge grin painted my face. "Want to grab a drink with me?"

"Sure." Jase said and gently grabbed my hand to lead the way. His brown hair was slightly slicked back and his tie was somewhat loss. He looked adorable.

Carly's P.O.V

"What exactly is your plan?" Orlando questioned as we pulled up the drive way. People walked past the car in dresses and tuxedos. The house was flashing with colorful lights and people stood in lines for the party. Orlando slowly pulled into a parking spot as I tapped a finger on my chin. I should have come up with a more reliable plan. "How are we going to get into the party, genius?"

"Taren isn't answering her phone. We're going to have to sneak past the security guard."

"That's a horrible plan." He stated.

"Hey, I don't hear you offering any ideas," I snapped and unbuckled my seat belt, fixing my hair in the overhead mirror. "It's either we climb the gate to get to the back yard and possibly die in the process, or face the body guard."