Chapter 7

Carly's P.O.V

"Will you drive?!" I shouted as Orlando struggled with finding his keys in his pocket.

"Calm down!" Orlando hollered back as a vein popped out on his neck. He glowered at me before dangling the keys in my face. "What's wrong with you?"

"Taren broke up with my boyfriend and I need you to drive me to my house so I can ring her little neck." I scowled.

"I'm not going to help you kill my cousin." Orland chuckled. He thinks this is a joke?

"She ruined my life. Alex and I have been dating for 3 years now." I snapped.

"There's more important things in life than romantic relationships." Orlando ran his fingers threw his hair angrily.

"Yeah, said no one ever," I replied and crossed my arms. "Have you ever even been in a relationship?"

A long moment of silence.

"That's what I though."

"Shut up! I've had a girlfriend before."

"Really? How many?"

"Um...one."

"I should sign you up for online dating because that's ridicules." I chuckled and threw my head back.

"I'm happy with being single. My last relationship was a mess." Orlando shrugged.

"Spill." I edged on as he hesitated before caving in.

"Her name was Lola and I fell in love with her. We both went to separate colleges and I promised myself that once we both graduated, I would propose to her," He said before sighing. "Four years later, I asked her and she burst into tears. Apparently she slept with half of her college's football team.

"Oh, I didn't know. I'm sorry." I stuttered and tucked hair behind my ear, staring at my lap.

"Don't worry about it. I just kind of gave up on girls." Orlando shrugged and started up the car. "Do you still want me to drive you home?"

"Nah, I'm not in the mood to kill anyone anymore." I grinned as he put the car in drive and pulled out into the street. We drove for a while until I cracked a smile.

"If you gave up on girls, does that mean you're gay?" I asked and we both broke out into laughter. And it stayed like that for awhile.

Taren's P.O.V

I locked myself in Carly's room after I called an uber at the party. This was a long and stressful night. There's no doubt in my mind that Carly is on her way over here right now to kill me. I covered my face with a pillow and let out a muffled scream. A tapping sound caught my attention as I tossed the pillow to the side. Grabbing the rope of sheets, I tossed it over the windowsill to Jase down below.

"Someone's blowing up on TMZ." Jase teased as he began climbing the sheets

"Be quiet." I replied with a smile as he entered the window.

"Need someone to talk to?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"Where do I start?" I chuckled.

"Let's start by celebrating your break up with that asshole." Jase added and we clinked fake glasses. I sat down next to him and stared at my hands as silence fell over us.

"Do you wanna go somewhere? To get your mind off of everything." Jase suggested and bumped my shoulder.

"Please! I'm craving In & Out Burger." I begged and bounced up and down.

"Are you feeling alright?" Jase asked with a light chuckle. I stared into his eyes and a smile spread across my face.

"Why would you ask that?" I questioned.

"You usually hate fast food restaurants." Jase inched closer with every word but I shank back and jumped off the bed. I can't kiss Jase as Carly. It just feels wrong.

"Lies. I love them."

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.