Chapter 13

Taren's P.O.V

"You can't stay cooped up in here for the rest of the summer." Orlando nudged me as I smushed my face into my pillow.

"Why not?" I asked, flipping over so he could hear me clearly.

"It's not healthy," He replied and patted my arm. He gave me a concerned look before continuing. "Did something happen at the party?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I whimpered and flipped back over to stuff my face in my pillow. "I just want to stay in here forever."

"Come one," Orlando said enthusiastically and the bed perked up when he stood. "We need to get your mind off of whatever is making you sad. Let's go grab some lunch in downtown LA."

"If I go," I began and sat up, pushing my covers off my body. "Will you let me sulk in my room in peace after?"

"Sure," Orlando shrugged and headed for the door, grabbing the knob. "We're leaving in 10."

"Great."

Carly's P.O.V

"What the hell is this?" I angrily stated and slammed my fork down on the table.

"Pancakes?" The waiter answered with a shaky tone.

"You should know that I don't eat carbs," I shouted and shoved the plate back into his hands.

"You've ordered pancakes every morning since you got back." He explained and stumbled awkwardly on his feet.

"People change," I replied and picked up my phone, typing in my password. "I want a vegetarian, carb-free meal."

"Yes, Miss." He bowed and scurried off to the kitchen.

I began going through my texts from various people when I came across Orlando's name. We had exchanged numbers and texted each other whenever I locked myself in Taren's room. I hated to admit it but I missed him. We only knew each other for a few weeks but we grew close over that short span of time. I decided to give him a call to see how everything is going. He picked up almost immediately.

"What do you want?" He answered with a sigh.

"Someone's grumpy today," I replied with a sarcastic tone and chuckled. "I wanted to check in on you because I kind of, not really, miss you"

"Wow, you're so sweet." Orlando snapped.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked with a disgusted expression.

"Taren's been acting weird ever since the switch. Did you know what happened?" He questioned.

"I haven't spoken to Taren since that night and I wouldn't waste my time on her." I smugly replied and checked my nail polish.

"Why are you so mean?" Orlando shouted from the other end. "You always have to bring everybody done. Would it kill you to be nice for a change?"

"I called to see how you were doing and this is how you treat me?" I hollered back at him. "I don't need this. How about you lose my number?"

I ended the call before he could respond and tossed my phone to the side. The waiter arrived back with a new meal but I stormed into my room. This is unbelievable. Why did I even miss Orlando in the first place?

"Carly!" A loud whispered voice shouted. I looked up and scanned my room but saw nobody. "Are you up there?"

"Hello?" I called out and a rock flew into my room from the window. Not this kid again.

"I just want to talk to you about last night." He shouted again as I stood up and stomped over to the window.

"You're a stalker, you know that?" I insulted.