Chapter 3

Carly's P.O.V

Justice: You missed tea party with the girls :(

Me: I promise I'll make it up to you!

I typed the text into my phone before sending it. My hand glidded over the glossy screen before it was snatched out of my hands. Orlando stared down at me with a smirk.

"Hey!" I shouted and tried lunging for my phone.

"No cellphones at the dinner table, remember?" Orlando reminded. I snatched my phone back to stuff it in my pocket.

"Dinner is served!" Aunt Ruth announced snd shuffled into the room with a big dish in her hands. She wore a flower printed apron that mismatched with her different floral printed dress. I could totally help her with fashion do's and dont's.

"I'll go grab the other plates" Orlando informed us before disappearing into the kitchen. Aunt Ruth plopped a huge chicken infront of me. I can't eat this. I don't eat meat.

"I hope you're hungry. I made your favorite. At least I think you like chicken?" Aunt Ruth thought out loud. Orlando popped into the door way with two plates of green beans and mashed potatoes. I wish I was in my mansion where they actually know how to make edible food. They both sat down and began to fill their plates.

"Dig in!" Aunt Ruth cheered with her raspy voice.

"I don't eat meat" I replied and pushed my plate away.

"Since when are you a vegatarian?" Orlando mumbled as he nibbled on a chicken wing. Ew, gross.

"Since I found out what they do to those poor animals." I stated. Orlando and I shared glances before he continued eating. Disgusting.

Taren's P.O.V

I pulled out my laptop and started researching this Carly girl. Whoever she was is living the life. Her bedroom alone is bigger than my whole house. The google searches pulled up an article about Martin Hanson; her dad. He's the founder of the Polar Springs Water Company. He's filthy rich. A light knock came from the door and I quickly shut my laptop.

"Come in." I said. Fiona popped her head in with that same big grin on her face.

"Dinner has been served." She motioned toward the stairs. Moments later, I patted down the wide marble stair case to the kitchen. A white marble table stretched down the long room. Plates lined the table and one dish sat in front of the head chairs.

"Talk about filthy rich." I whispered to myself. I felt like I was in the scene from Beauty and the Beast when all the object sing Be Our Guest. The staff would probably do it if I asked them. A staff member pulled the chair out for me and I took my seat.

"Is this dinner to your liking, Miss. Hanson?" Fiona asked and presented the different dishes.

"It looks lovely but where's the chicken?" I questioned and eyed each dish. Fiona's eye almost popped out of her head.

"I'm sorry, Miss Hanson, I was told you were a vegetarian." Fiona quickly apologized with a worried look.

"It's fine. This meal will do." I smiled and began shoveling corn on my plate. Fiona relaxed and let out a relieved sigh.

"Miss. Hanson, you have a phone call." A staff member handed me a pink phone. I hesitantly picked it up to answer the awaiting call.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" An angry girl yelled into the phone. I glanced around at the staff members hurrying around the room. I needed privacy. I ran up the stairs and slamming the bedroom door behind me.

"Who is this?" I asked and swallowed hard.

"I should be asking you the same question, identity thief!" The girl continued to scream.

"I didn't plan on any of this happening." I defended myself.

"You are in my masion while I'm here in the dirty streets of California." The girl whined.

"Okay, my name's Taren Hanson. We must have mixed up rides at the airport." I calmly explained into the phone.

"I'm Carly Hanson and I dont care. We need to find a way to fix this." Carly sarcastically answered

"I'll try to figure something out but in the mean time, try to act like me." I ordered.

"It would be a lot easier if I knew who you were." Carly spat.

"I have no idea who you are either but I'm doing pretty well at the moment." I explained.

"Why can't you just tell them that you aren't me?" Carly questioned. I had thought about that at first, but what if Carly says I did this on purpose? Her dad would send my to jail and bankrupt my whole family.

"It's complicated. There's a few yearbook in my closet that you can look through if that'll help." I suggested and fell back on the pick sheets of my bed.

"Just call me tomorrow to discuss when we can switch places" Carly demanded and hung up. This could not be happing. This summer was going to be filled with adventures and family but now I'm stuck being someone else.

A tapping coming from a window started me. I glanced over at the window as a small pebble hit the glass. Who could that be?

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.