✯ Chapter 24: Stranger Danger ✯

Start from the beginning

"No, it's actually very comfortable, princess. Don't worry, we've been provided by soft futons and pillows, so it's alright," Kyungsoo said as he got back from the sink, sitting back down on his seat. You nodded with a smile.

"That's good then."

"And the meals are the best. I would gladly be adopted by your father, princess." Sehun said with a blank face, but giddiness was in his voice. You giggled at him.

"Please enjoy your stay here. I'll be in your care."

"Ne!"

Luhan smiled as you naturally interacted with his friends. The boys curiously asked you questions and you answered them honestly. You felt warm inside, communicating with a lot of people at once, especially they're Luhan's beloved friends. The questions didn't stop as the boys' excitement didn't die down.

But one question caught you off guard, making all of you quiet.

"Is she your girlfriend, Lu ge?"

Lay looked around and saw that the boys were gapping at him as if he's joking. His eyes turned to you and Luhan, your cheeks burning up while Luhan chuckled at your cuteness.

"Way to ruin everything, Lay hyung." Baekhyun mumbled, poking the elder's forehead.

"I'm confused though. I don't know anything about their real status—" Lay looks like really confused at the moment, scratching the back of his head as he blinked at the others.

Actually, I want to ask that too. What is my real status with Luhan?

"I haven't courted her properly, so I think we're still not on that level. But..." Luhan said as he glanced at you. "...we'll get there soon, I guess."

How can he answer that confidently?! I can't even look up at them! This is embarrassing.

"Aww. Luhan hyung's a real grown up!" Kai cheered, patting him on the back, making Luhan glare at him.

"We'll be rooting for you two then. We'll protect you both!" Baekhyun said, pumping his fist on the air with a determined face.

"I can protect myself, Baek. Focus on your main task." Luhan mumbled, shaking his head.

You were just continuing eating there with your cheeks still slightly red as they all continued bickering around as if they're at their own house.

Your phone vibrated from your pocket, startling you a bit. You glanced at the boys, they're still laughing at something and Kyungsoo seems irritated. You slowly took your phone and opened it under the table.

8:43 am

From: Unknown Number

Go to your old house with no one. If I figured that you told anyone about this text message, your father will die instantly. I'm just outside of his office, you know? Get your ass there before 6 in the evening or else...

Your eyes widened at the text, making you quickly locking the phone and put it back in your pocket.

"You okay, princess?"