✯ Chapter 14: Kiss Me Goodbye ✯

You sat impatiently as you hear Luhan's voice outside of the room.

You're not actually in your room right now. You don't know where you are but you figured this room must be Luhan's office since you just walked a few steps before reaching a door earlier when Kris led you.

I don't know what's happening but I feel really nervous and paranoid.

You flinched as the door suddenly opened.

"Did you wait for a long time?"

You sighed in relief as you heard Luhan's soothing voice. You shook your head, slowly leaning your back on the couch.

"No, I wasn't. Why am I here anyway? This is your office, right?" You asked as Luhan sat beside you. He stared at your face as if capturing several pictures of you with his eyes.

"Lu?"

He blinked, taking your hands in his.

"Uh. Yeah, this is my office." He answered, feeling your soft hands in his.

"Why am I here then? You must be working. Am I distracting you from—"

"No, no. I asked Kris to bring you here. I have something to tell you. Don't get too shocked, okay?" Luhan said, observing how you tilt your head in curiosity.

"Okay, Lu. I'll listen."

Luhan took a deep breath, staring at your face.

"You'll have your corneal transplant operation this morning in Hyun Song Hospital. Your father will be waiting for you there, so be a good girl, okay? Be calm and pray before the operation. I will do that too, okay?"

A tear fell on your hand.

Thinking it was yours, you break free from Luhan's and wiped your cheeks for stray tears but your cheeks were dry and tear-free.

"I'll always keep you safe, my queen." Luhan whispered as he moved closer to you, bringing your hands to his quivering lips.

"Wait. Wait. I'm calm, Lu. Why are you speaking like that? And why are you crying?!" You exclaimed. Panicking at his actions and words.

Luhan laughed, his tears won't stop.

"Well, my queen, this is the fucking first time I've cried for a living person." He joked but you stayed silent, not even reacting to his bad word. Luhan forced his lips to smile.

"I'm crying because I'm happy, sweetie. I'm happy you're gonna have your eyesight back. I'm happy you're finally gonna see the world now. I'm happy for you, baby." Luhan bit his lip as he stared at your eyes.

"Only that?"

Luhan was confused but then you spoke again.

"Aren't you happy I'll be seeing you when I wake up after the operation?"

You brought your hands on his face, making him close his eyes as he cherishes the moment of your touch.

"I'm happy, my queen." Luhan whispered, his face moving closer to yours. You can feel his breath on your cheeks already.

"Then I'm happy too, Lu." You whispered.

Luhan caressed your cheeks as he placed his forehead on yours.

"Don't forget me, okay?" Luhan reminded you, making your brows furrow.