✯ Chapter 21: Gone with the Unknown ✯

"Aish." You mumbled as you looked up, the sky is angrily crying its heart out. "Great. I don't even have an umbrella with me." You sighed.

A lot of students have already gone home, fetched by their parents and guardians.

But your two mighty bodyguards aren't present right now.

"Where are they?" You grumpily said as you looked around the area, searching for the two.

"Why are you still here?"

You squealed in surprise at the voice, startling him too.

"Oh-Oh goodness. It's just you. I'm sorry." You apologized at the guy with glasses. You suddenly remembered you still don't know his name. "Who are you?"

That question caught him off guard, his eyes widening as he stared back at you. You chuckled.

"I mean, what's your name?" You asked with a smile. He looked around, trying to find anything interesting other than you.

"Uhmm..." He looked like he was thinking hard, making you wonder if he stupidly forgot his own name.

"Y-Yi Fan. Yes, I'm Yi Fan."

You grinned at him, making his heart beat abnormally.

"Sounds like Chinese." You commented, looking around again for any signs of the two bodyguards, who haven't come back here.

"Well, I am Chinese." He muttered under his breath, hands in his pockets.

"Oh. Why are you still in school? It's past 4 already. Don't you have an umbrella?"

"I'm waiting for someone." He shortly replied, not taking his eyes away from you.

"We're on the same boat, Yi Fan. Argh, those two really." You whined, glancing at your watch.

"Maybe they got caught up in traffic? Or something happened? Have you texted or called them?" Yi Fan said, looking calm as ever.

Isn't he worried he might be trapped here because of this heavy rain?

"I've texted them already and no responses, called them but nothing. I think it might be because of the horrible signal around this area." You answered, taking notice of the stairs behind you. "Let's sit here for a while. I'm getting tired just standing here."

You sat on the first step of the stairs as Yi Fan took a seat next to you.

"So, who are you waiting for?" You suddenly asked him. He looked away the moment you turned to him.

"Uh, my mom. Yeah, my mom's picking me up." Yi Fan nodded as if convincing himself at what he said.

"Are you a minor? You look like you're 17 or something." You giggled, observing his soft features.

"I'm actually 27 already. I bet you're 25, so call me oppa."

Your eyes widened as you took in the piece of information, not noticing how exact his guess was about your age.

"O-Oh my. I-I'm sorry, Y-Yi Fan op—"

"No!" Yi Fan suddenly shouted, surprising you. "I-I mean call me oppa only. Don't ever say Yi Fan, okay?"

You just felt yourself nodding in submission, not bothering to ask why since it might be too personal. His voice has this something that just makes you follow everything he says.

I wonder why?

"I just noticed..." You started, following the drops of rain fall down from the sky, with your eyes.