✯ Chapter 8: I'm Happy ✯

You slowly opened the door, getting out of your room. You were about to enter the bathroom when you heard loud laughs downstairs.

"AH HYUNG! THAT IS CHEATING!"

"You're just a loser, Chen. You suck at this."

"YAH HYUNG! I want potato chips too! Don't be selfish!"

"Reach it if you can, little Baek."

You quickly went to the stairs and started going down without your slippers when you heard Luhan's voice.

"So cold." You mumbled as your feet collided the staircase. You suddenly heard the laughs stopped and heavy footsteps closer to you.

"What did I say about walking without your slippers, missy?"

Your eyes widened, your feet automatically going back up as if they were afraid of the person in front of them.

"Uhm. I just— I was just shocked you're still here and not working..." You muttered, making sure he can still hear your soft voice.

Luhan chuckled. You felt his hand enclose on yours and gently tugged you back to the bathroom.

"You were about to take a shower, right? Do you need any help?"

You instinctively hit where you heard him and felt proud when you successful hit him on the face.

"I'm sure I don't need any help from you when it comes to taking a shower. You can go back now." You said, feeling the door beside you and making your way inside the bathroom.

"Are you sure—"

"Yah. Are you making fun of me, Xi Luhan?"

You heard Luhan laugh before he says, "No, I'm not, princess. I'll go now. Be careful, okay?"

You nodded before closing the door.

You quickly stripped your clothes off and went inside the shower.

It took you almost half an hour before you finished.

You suddenly realized how self-conscious you are being right now.

Why am I acting like this? It's just a normal day, right?

"Pabo. It's because Luhan is around." You mumbled to yourself as you wrapped the towel around you.

You slowly opened the door and felt your surroundings.

It was not really noisy downstairs but you can hear the boys' bickering and joking around each other.

You felt warm.

The house got so much warmer than before. When you were still living in this huge house alone, all you felt was the coldness of the walls and floors. But when Luhan appeared, he made everything feel like home. Now you have three more friends, making your home more crowded but happier.

You're not alone anymore.

You went down after changing your clothes and putting your hair into a ponytail. Luhan quickly went to your aid as he saw you at the top of the staircase, and lead you downstairs.

"Goodmorning, Minji-ssi!" You heard the three other boys say. You smiled and greeted back.

You felt yourself being gently pushed down on a chair.

"Eat your breakfast now. I'll be here." Luhan said as he put milk on your glass. You smiled, enjoying his presence.

"It's a miracle your here this morning with the boys." You said, putting a spoonful of cereal in your mouth. Your lips curled up into a small smile as you taste it.