sometimes...

I'm running out of ideas LOL JK !!!

pls bare with me and poorly written trash... also not edited so sorry for any mistakes in advance!

- - - - -

"oh my FUCKING GOD!"

you mash the buttons repeatedly on the Nintendo switch that George had brought over from his apartment. he chuckled and finished you off, you sigh in disappointment as you hear the game announcer say 'GAME!', you set the controller down and look at George with a hint of worry. life is going to be hectic once you get back to the shitty apartments. he spilled the beans on him paying for your medical bills and your rent and you were so close to beating the shit out of him, but the stupid IV cord held you back and so did the pain on the side of your head as well.

you told him you were going to pay him back whether he wanted the money or not because it just didn't sit too well with you over the fact this man has payed a huge amount of money for you.

and what have you done? nothing!

it absolutely infuriated you knowing he did that, you understand he did it out of kindness but fuck man, you just can't accept it like that.

"what's wrong babe?"

your attention was turned back to George who looked at you with concern, " Is your head hurting again? we should prob-",

you placed your hand on top of his and shook your head no, "I'm perfectly fine, I'm just not ready to head back to the apartments and having to get used to all the things I have to be cautious of that's all."

when the doctor had a small meeting with you he explained the difficulties you may or may not face when you get discharged out of the hospital. he explained that your speech may slur or slow down (although so far your speaking was doing just fine), small and insignificant things like a glass of water may feel heavy due to the fact your muscles have weakened and that things as such may be difficult for you in the next two years.

George nodded in understanding; knowing that the simple things in life aren't going to be so simple anymore,

"Hey, we'll be in this together."

You look up from your lap and and see George give you a kind smile that was full of reassurance and hope. You felt your cheeks burn slightly but felt comforted that you weren't going to be in this alone.

"If it makes you feel any better we're both a little fucked up, if you really think about it." He lightly joked.

You shook your head at him and gave him a light glare, "don't joke about yourself like that." You scolded lightly.

"Humor is everywhere, for example: Laughter is one of the first things you do as a newborn, and, if all goes well, it will be one of the last things you do before you die." He explained. You look at him with an alarming gaze and blink quickly.

"That got real dark George."

He chuckled softly, "Well it's true. Sometimes we need to shed light in dark times. And when you find that out, you'll laugh yourself silly."

His hand once again slipped into yours and he gave it a light squeeze, "Everything will be fine, don't stress too much about it. After all, I'll be here with you."

-  -  -  -  -

You spent the next month in the cold and somewhat comforting hospital, with George visiting you everyday.

He would often come not only to provide comfort and conversation but he would often sample sounds from the hospital. The clinking of the trays, the door opening a closing and even right behind your back he recorded your voice.

He recorded a small snippet of a conversation you two had together. When it was time for him to go home (the nurses wouldn't let him stay the night sometimes), he would instantly open up his computer when he got home and start making beats and put together a song he wanted to give you as a welcome back present.

Today was one of those days.

As he worked on the song, he felt his eyes get droopy and he gently closed the laptop and turned on the tv.

He turned on his phone and the time read 10:34 pm. He sighed and flipped the through the channels and landed on adultswim. He furrowed his brows as he noticed a certain tv show was playing, 'Superjail!'.

"What the hell?... I haven't seen this show in forever." He mumbled to himself. He turned it up a bit and got comfortable on the couch. The bright colors flashed and illuminated the room gently and made him chuckle.

"I forgot how fucked this show was, still good though." He commented to himself. He watched as he saw the scene unfold. Two characters were on a helicopter and he heard the warden say, "I heard you're the woman who's been making my gastric juices go GAGA!"

George laughed at the witty comment the warden made and was about to turn around and say something when he realized you weren't there, you were still at the hospital.

He sighed heavily and thought of bringing his laptop over tomorrow and show you this tv show. It seemed like something you haven't watched yet.

He continued to watch the show with a small smile knowing this show might help you feel a little better, and maybe a little happier. It made him happy now and back then, who says it won't do the same for you?

"They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach~" the warden then continued to make kissing noises and entertained George until a question popped into his head.

' I wonder what her cooking is like...'

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Hello beautiful people! I'm so sorry for like not updating in FOREVER. I got really caught up with school since I'm graduating soon :)))

But here's an update for those of you who still read my book (thanks for stickin with me :') )

-mjojii