she's thunderstorms

"(yOUR NAME) YOU HAVEN'T CALLED ME IN FOREVER!!"

You pulled away your phone from your ear as (best friends name) yelled into the speaker. You chuckled quietly and spoke.

"I haven't had quite the time (best friends name). But anyways, I need some help." You said with a content sigh.

"Ooo, with what?" She replied happily.

"A causal date." You cradled the phone in between your ear and shoulder as you looked through your dresser and closet.

"A DATE?!?" She screamed into the phone scaring you and causing you to drop your phone onto the ground.

"Ugh, (best friends name). You're gonna make me break my phone. And I just bought it last month, AFTER you caused me to break my previous one." You scold gently. You pick up your phone and dust it off and check for any cracks or scratches.

She laughed guiltily and spoke back.

"Sorry sorry. But what's up? What exactly do you need help on, on your "casual" date?" She emphasized on the word 'casual'.

"Just the outfit. I haven't been on a date since me and (ex's name) were dating.." You mumble. You figured out putting it on speaker would be a better idea than having her scream in your eardrum.

"Well since you said it was a "casual" date, I'd figured why not just something casual or whatever. I mean you guys are just gonna "hang out", right?" She asked, you could just see the smirk on her face right now.

"(Best friends name) I may be in a different place right now, but i can see the total smirk on your face and that its telling me you're up to something." You said calmly.

She whined playfully.

"Come on (your name)! its just a date! Be confident in what I tell you!" She said dejectedly.

"Ugh, fine. What's your plan?" You say with a suspicious tone.

She giggled.

"Like I said, some skinny jeans and hoodie pullover. Y'know the grey Calvin Klein one I got you for Christmas?"

"Uh huh." You pulled it out of your closet and examined it.

"That one, and some, oh! The black ripped skinny jeans! And your vans!" She said excitedly. You laid the outfit on your bed and stared at it with a smile.

"I actually like this outfit, thanks (best friends name)." You thanked.

"I expect details when you come back or y'know during the whole thin-"

"Ok ok! I have to go now! Bye!" You cut her off from her ongoing rambling, you laughed at yourself thinking how in the world did you end up with a best friend like that.

You walked to your bathroom and freshened up and brushed your teeth again and straightened your hair.

You changed into your outfit and laid in bed and waited for joji to call you back.

While, with joji he walked around and met some of his friends and never noticed your phone call until he was walking back home.

He saw an unknown number had left a voice mail and he pressed play.

"Uh, hi joji. I'm (your name). The girl you woke up last night? Yeah, um I'm actually down on your invitation but um, just call me back when you can. Bye."

He cursed and shutoff his phone.

"Oh shit, she probably thinks I'm a total ass now for my voicemail receiver." He shoved his phone into his pocket and jogged to his apartment complex which was right around the corner.

He quickly walked up the stairs and knocked on your door.

You open it and see him panting tiredly as he was hunched over panting tiredly.

"Oh shit, are you ok? Do you need water or something?" You asked worriedly. He shook his head no and stood straight back up.

"I'm fine. Sorry for not answering your phone call by the way, I was with my friends. But anyways, you wanna hang out? Like later today around six?" He asked.

You pulled out your phone and checked the time.

5:15 pm.

"Yeah, I assume you need some time to probably change??" You asked with a smile. He laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll meet you in a bit." He said tiredly.

He waved goodbye and walked over to his door and quickly went to shower. And changed into his regular clothes.

A black hoodie and some jeans.

He slipped on his socks and shoes and fixed his hair. He grabbed his keys, wallet and phone and walked over to your door and knocked.

You opened the door and see a dressed up joji with a smile.

"Ready?" He asked. You nodded and walked out the door and closed it. As you both walked down the stairs he began to talk.

"Sorry for last night, I do YouTube stuff." He said sheepishly. You laughed and shook your head.

"Nah its cool. I mean I just moved here like a week or so, I didn't hear you do that stuff before. But YouTube? You make videos and stuff?" You ask.

He nodded and smiled.

"Yeah I do some pretty stupid shit.. But whatever people like watching it so, I just keep making them for fun. And some occasional music." He spoke.

You both soon reached the lobby and walked out of the complex and out into the city of Brooklyn.

"Wait, so you do music too?" You say in a surprised tone. He smiled nervously and nodded.

"Yeah, but I don't really like it, so don't bother even looking it up." He said laughingly. You laughed along with him and so far he was actually a really nice guy.

You learned that he was actually Japanese as well, and he had a gerbil or a hamster you couldn't really remember what he owned but, nevertheless you had a good time so far.

"So where are you originally from?" He asked as he drank some of drink. You both ended it up at a small corner restaurant with him.

"I'm from (hometown)." You said with a smile.

"Oh really? That's nice. You like it so far?" He asked. You nodded.

"I'm a little homesick, but I think I'll get over it soon." You mumbled. He chuckled, and gave you a reassuring smile.

"So, about your YouTube channel.."

'Oh shit..'

- - -

This is such crap oml.

- mjojii