30 - "I'll see you soon, okay?"

The Gabriel guy that I bought my truck from, yes my truck, was super weird. But I have a truck. Her name is still up in the air, but she's beautiful and she's mine.

"Wow!" Bobby smiles as I pull up.

"Right!?" I scream, a big smile on my face as I step out.

"Did you get a roof for it?"

"Oh yeah, it's in the back." I point to the cloth. "I'm going to need you to put that on before I go back to New York. I had to pull over and get a jacket on my way here."

"I can do that." He says and I smile.

"Thanks, Bobby." I say and head into he house, where I make myself a cup of coffee.

"You're back!" Sam shouts.

"Yeah!" I shout right back.

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah, it's outside." I nod towards the door as I pour the coffee for myself, bringing the mug outside as I head out behind Sam.

"Wow!" He says, turning to me. "It's like the car your dad drove when we were kids."

"Yeah." I nod. "But this is a Ford. He drove an International Harvester." I shrug. "But not to get technical." I joke.

The rest of the afternoon is spent with Dean and Bobby making sure that the car is in good enough shape to drive all the way to Connecticut, where I'm going to be keeping it with my dad. They give it an oil change, and remind me around five hundred times that I'm probably going to have to get another one when I get to New London, they wash it, rotate the tires, and at the end of it all, give it a wash.

"I made dinner." I say as they come in. They did the works on the car, and I made a big dinner for them. Pulled pork with homemade barbecue sauce, cornbread, mac and cheese, coleslaw, and corn on the cob.

"Is that pulled pork?" Bobby looks at the big dish of it that's on the table and I nod. "You're the best." He kisses my forehead and I smile.

"As a thank you for working on my car today." I smile as Dean hugs me.

"I'll work on your car whenever you need if you give me this in return." He says before going to the table and making himself a big plate.

"For you? I'd cook whenever." I wink and he laughs.

"Love you." He kisses my head and the table is silent as we eat.

"How long have you been able to cook like this?" Sam asks after getting his second plate.

"Not long. I took up cooking as a safer way to blow off steam." I shrug. "My bottle of wine and weed habits were getting a little out of control, so I decided to start doing this." I shrug again.

"Well, you're welcome to cook whenever you'd like." Bobby says, a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, anytime." I smile.

After a long evening of reading lore books and trying to find anything on some demon named Lilith, Dean and I head upstairs to go to bed.

"What's the real reason behind why you learnt how to cook?"

"I've got this weird dream, where we leave the life and move to the suburbs and live a nuclear family lifestyle. We have a kid and I make amazing food and we're just fucking normal parents." I say and tears well in my eyes. "But we can't do that. I can't do that. You're going to-" I choke up before I can even get the word die out of my mouth.

"It's my dream to do that. You know that better than anybody. You know I would love to do that. Especially with you. Well, I'd only want to do it with you." He kisses my forehead. "And maybe if our lives weren't so fucked up, I-we could do that, but with the circumstances that we're under, it'll just never be possible. Especially in the short amount of time that we have."

"Yeah." I nod and lean my head on his chest, a few tears dripping off my face and onto his skin. "Sorry." I laugh, and wipe my face with the blanket.

"It's fine." He kisses my head. "Love you, Dal."

"Love you more, Dean."

And in the blink of an eye, my week in Sioux Falls is up and I'm heading to Connecticut where I'm going to be surprising my dad with a vintage car that I bought.

"I love you." Dean kisses me one last time.

"I love you so fucking much." I shake my head and kiss him. "I'll see you soon, okay?" I ask, trying my best to conceal the fact that this might be the last time I see him.

"Soon." He hug me and I hug him back and that lasts a few minutes, where we're just hugging.

"Okay. Bye." I say, sniffling.

"Bye." He says and I go to my truck and start it up, starting my truck and driving away, leaving Bobby's house in my rearview mirror.

I won't be seeing any memories of the life for a while, I'm sure of it.

It'll be hard to forget about all of this, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I love Dean, and Sam and Bobby, they're some of my favorite people on this planet, but once Dean passes, I won't be able to see most of the people I've known my whole life without just breaking the fuck down. It's going to hurt. So. Fucking. Bad. 

-End of Part 1-