4 - "Zombies?!"

"Did you make this pie?" Dean asks, coming into the house. He's been working on the Impala and my Bronco with my dad, and I've been inside, entertaining Rosie, cooking dinner and baking this amazing looking apple fucking pie with a lattice made out of fucking pie crust on the top because I'm a domestic goddess.

"I made that pie." I nod and he kisses me.

"Woman of my dreams." He says to Rosie, pointing at me.

"How are Bobby, Ricki and Sam?"

"They said that ghosts were coming after hunters, looking for revenge."

"Ghosts of monsters or people?"

"People. Sam saw this FBI guy that was chasing us, and he said that he wanted to kill him for getting him killed."

"You were being chased by the FBI?" Rosie asks me and Dean and I nod.

"I was framed for murder by a shape shifter." Dean explains shortly and Rosie's jaw drops.

"The most badass reason to be chased by the FBI." She then looks back down at the lore book she's immersed herself into. She really likes all this hunting stuff even though I know she would be god awful if she ever put her knowledge to the test. She's lived in New York City all her life, grew up in suburban Brooklyn, and then moved to Manhattan when she went away to college. The road trip here was maybe the tenth time that she had ever left the state, but the first time that she had ever road tripped, especially in a car that's as cool as mine.

"So, if this thing is going after hunters, are we in danger?"

"I don't know, but if we are, I won't let anything hurt you two." He says and then kisses my forehead. "When can I have some pie?"

"When it's cooled." I say and push him towards the door. "Go work on your car, and I'll call you in." I say and he winks at me and blows me a kiss before going out the door.

You never think about the people you saved from monsters, but time to time, people that I couldn't save will come across my mind, and when that does happen, it hurts. The most memorable death for me was, a teenager, not much younger than me at the time, that had his heart ripped out by a werewolf. I had gotten to him mere minutes after the werewolf had, and I held his hand while he died, and heartbreakingly, he said thank you to me. I'll never be sure why he said that, but he was always the one that had shaken me the most. Probably because he was only a few years younger than me, and that I could've been in that position at any given moment, because of what this job entails.

"Are you okay?" Rosie asks and I nod, running a hand through my hair.

"Just was thinking of who might come back to haunt me if it happens here." I shrug and her eyebrows raise.

"But you haven't like hunted hunted in years."

"No, I know, but," I shrug. "There are still some people and memories that creep up on me sometimes."

"You're safe here. Surrounded by hunters, and all these books. You're so good." She hugs me. "I love you."

"Love you too."

Turns out, we're not super safe in this house. There's a lot of people that we couldn't save and there's a lot of stuff that they can hold against us.

"Stay in here!" Dean screams, slamming the door of our room shut, after making sure that Rosie and I were salted in.

"You're a liar." I say, gripping the iron tool that Dean handed me before leaving us.

"What are you talking about?" Rosie asks, gripping a pillow.

"You said I'd be safe here, and if I see the kid that I was thinking about earlier, I don't know how I'll respond."

"You'll be fine." She says, and hugs me.

And we were, which is a relief. Once they get the house safe, we're taken to a fucking panic room that Bobby built.

"You built a panic room?" Sam asks and Bobby shrugs.

"I had a weekend off." Rosie turns to me and raises her eyebrows.

"Should we do this to Hannah's bedroom?"

"She'd kill us."

"That's true." She nods.

"Solid iron. Completely coated in salt. 100% ghost-proof." Bobby elaborates and Dean just looks around in awe.

"See, this is why I can't get behind God." Dean says once we're making iron bullets that are filled with salt.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"If he doesn't exist, fine. Bad crap happens to good people. That's how it is. There's no rhyme or reason — just random, horrible, evil — I get it, okay. I can roll with that. But if he is out there, what's wrong with him? Where the ehll is he while all these decent people are getting torn to shreds? How does he live with himself? You know, why doesn't he help?" He says and I rub a hand up and down his arm before going back to making bullets.

"You picked a shitty weekend to come, Dal." Sam says, changing the topic.

"Shitty or not, I needed to see this one before I exploded." I laugh, and Rosie makes her first bullet.

"Look!" She screams, showing it off.

"Good job, girl." I smile.

"Found it." Bobby says, looking up from a book.

"What?" Sam asks.

"The symbol you say — the brand on the ghost.."

"Yeah?"

"Mark of the Witness."

"Witness? Witness to what?"

"The unnatural. None of them died what you'd call ordinary deaths. See, these ghosts — they were forced to rise. They woke up in agony. They were like rabid dogs. It ain't their fault. Someone rose them... on purpose."

"Who?"

"Do I look like I know?" Bobby snaps and I have to put a hand over my mouth to prevent my laugh. "But whoever it was used a sell so powerful it left a mark, a brand on their should. Whoever did this had big plans. It's called "the rising of the witnesses." It figured into an ancient prophecy."

"Wait, wait. What — what boo is that prophecy from?"

"Well, the widely distrubeted version's just for tourists, you know. But long story short — Revelations. This is a sign, boys."

"A sign of what?" The brothers ask together and Rosie nudges me. She loves when people do things in sync.

"The apocalypse." Bobby says and Rosie screams.

"Zombies?!" She asks.

"No." Dean responds.