15 - "For you."

2005

We road trip to New York, and every night we stop, all two of them, I have a talk with Matt on the phone about what to expect. I tell him a little bit about Dean, mainly because I'm hoping--praying-- Dean will behave himself. I tell him the reason behind of all the times I would drop everything to have a phone call with 'Sammy'--because he had nobody else to call and that I was the only person that he grew up with as a piece of his family would still talk to. I told him what type of scotch Ricki will be expecting once walking through the door, and that Heath doesn't drink so be sure to have plenty of lemon-lime seltzer around because that's his favorite. I tell him that he won't be meeting my father and that my mom died, which is something that he didn't know. I tell him that I used to date Dean, so if he's very aggressive towards him, it's just part of his superiority complex and to not pay any mind to him.

I told him all of that, and he still wasn't ready.

We got to my apartment at 4 pm on a Friday, Rosie ordered enough pizza to feed an army and couldn't wait to see Dean again. Hannah was also excited to see Dean again.

Dean was happy to see both of them, while I was overjoyed to see Matt. He was on the floor, flipping through what to watch on TV when we walked in, and his smile lit up the room as he got up and hugged me, spinning me in a circle with his arms tightly around my waist.

"Hello, sweetheart." He kisses me.

"Hey." I run a hand through his messy hair.

"Dallas! Don't be rude. Introduce us." Ricki says, and I give him a look.

"Matt, Rosie, Hannah, these are my brothers, Ricki and Heath, as well as my two friends, Sam and Dean Winchester." Rosie and Hannah attack Dean in a hug. "They know each other." I shrug and look to Matt. "Undergrad days." I shake my head. "Boys, this is Matt, my boyfriend, and Rosie and Hannah, my best friends and roommates."

"Nice to meet you." Ricki says, shaking Matt's hand.

"You as well, mate." Matt says and then he shakes Heath's hand, and then Sam's. He moves to shake Dean's hand, but Dean just looks to me.

"I gotta take a leak, Dal, where's the bathroom?"

"Shake his hand and then I'll tell you." I say, knowing exactly what he was doing.

"For you." He shakes Matt's hand and Rosie tells him where the bathroom is.

"You got scotch, Dal?" Ricki asks and I smile. I knew he would ask.

"Should have your favorite." I say, going to the cart of liquor and holding up the bottle. "Help yourself."

Everybody settles on the couch and we eat and everybody gets to know each other. I'm stressed the entire time because this is my New York family meeting my real family and, fuck, it's weird.

Dean is being annoying, but that was expected. He's Dean Winchester, and he doesn't give up easily. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged Matt to an arm wrestling competition by the end of the night to just show a little bit of his power.

The boys decide they're going to stay for the week. Despite me living here for nearly a decade, Ricki and Heath have hardly been to New York City, and Sam's never been at all. Over the weekend, Matt and I show them the sights, taking them to the Empire State Building, Bryant Park, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty, I force them to walk the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset, and then the weekend is over.

The first Monday I was back to work my spirits were high. I slept amazing, despite having to share a bed with a restless Sammy, but after a cuddle he calmed down. I went to work, saw my patients, got yelled at by most of them for cancelling last week, but I don't take it to heart. Matt came to my office, bringing me a couple of croissants and coffee, and we had a long talk about whether or not he liked my family, he did, but he was a little scared of Dean. I told him to stop immediately because being scared of Dean is giving into him. It's precisely what he wants. After work, the boys meet me outside my office and I drag them onto the subway, bringing them to the Village, where I went to college.

"I brought you here for a very specific reason. New York's oldest witchcraft shop." I walk down the street and into Enchantments Inc.

"Dallas!" Bernadette, the woman who runs the shop, shouts as I walk in. "And you brought hunters."

"You know my past, Bernie. I just wanted you to meet my brothers."

"You a witch?" Dean asks.

"I'm a psychic, Dean. Calm down." She says, holding hand out at Dean.

I never even introduced them.

"Witches are creepy. Dal said this was a witchcraft shop." He says, and I roll my eyes.

"Oh it is, but it's nothin' evil, darling. That kind of magic has no business in this city. It's warded away." She says, and I smile. I knew I made a good decision in making this my home.

"I need three candles. Uncrossing, banishing and a win at court."

"I'll get to carving." She smiles. "Blue or white candles?"

"White with gold glitter." I say and she nods.

"Win at court?" Heath asks, his eyebrows raised.

"I have a trial for one of my patients. She's in an abusive relationship, and finally, finally wrote me a testimony to send to the police." I explain. "It's a present to her for her courage."

"Who are you and what have you done with my bitch of a little sister?" Ricki asks, and I just flip him off.

"I have a heart sometimes." Bernadette comes back, three candles in her hands, and she places them on the counter. "I have to talk to her seriously for a moment." She says, shooing the boys away. "That man you're seeing now. None of them," She points behind me. "The tall one with the funny hair."

"Matt? My boyfriend."

"Him. Stop seeing him if you're going to stay in contact with these boys. Dark times are ahead, and you'll get him caught up in something he can't handle."

"What?"

"That's all I can say, honey. Now, which of them are you trying to banish?"