Unusual animal part 9

Enjoy :)

Let's just say that when Applejack and Rainbow Dash told their friends the news, Rarity squealed so loudly, Rainbow forcefully plugged her ears because the high pitched sound hurt her sensitive ears. She hid behind Applejack, using her shirt to plug her ears, whimpering in annoyance.

Applejack had given Rarity a look and she got herself under control. The rest of the girls congratulated them. Then they had revealed to the couple that they had known they'd liked each other for quite some time.

Even Applejack's dad wasn't surprised when the girls told him they were a couple. He was happy for them and gave them a big bear hug. Rainbow then bluntly stated that Jackson was huge like a giant.

Then she got a yellow sticky note and wrote BIG FRIENDLY GIANT on it with marker. She asked Jackson to bend down. She then slapped the sticky note on his forehead. Applejack and Jackson laughed, not surprised at Rainbow's actions. Rainbow just smiled, not completely sure why she'd done that.

But anyway, Jackson was accepting of their new relationship.

The first few weeks were great. The girls went about their normal life, as if nothing had changed other than the kissing and the sickeningly cute nicknames they'd call each other. Mostly Applejack would call Rainbow a nickname like "babe" or "baby" or "beautiful" or "cutie". Rainbow would blush every single time.

Rainbow would call Applejack "Apples" or "AJ" or "most awesomest girl in the whole wide universe"

Every once in a while Rainbow give her a little gift, like wild flowers that she picked from a field not too far from their house. They did live near the city, but in an area that wasn't crowded by busy streets and tons of people and cars and sound.

Once she brought Applejack her teddy bear.

She just sat down beside Applejack where she was sitting at her grand piano, writing a song.

"Hey." Applejack said, grinning at her.

Rainbow held up a raggedy old teddy bear.

"Here." She said, smiling shyly.

Applejack looked at the teddy bear in front of her. She slowly reached up and carefully took it from Rainbow's hands. She examined it. The teddy bear that Rainbow had bring with her when she first arrives was old and slightly dirty and worn out. There was a tear in the stomach and left arm. One of the button eyes were missing.

Applejack looked up. Rainbow grinned at her happily.

"You know." Applejack said. "You never told me about this thing. Where'd you get it from??."

"My parents." Rainbow replied, a slight sad hinted in her tone.

Applejack frowned. "Yir parents. You never talk about them."

Rainbow sighed and looked away. Applejack put the bear down, suddenly concerned and very interested in what Rainbow had to say about her parents.

"Rainbow." She said softly. "Where're yir mom n' dad??."

Rainbow turned her head away. She didn't say anything. Applejack could tell it hurt to even say it. Were they dead??

"Rainbow. Baby."

Applejack slowly reached a hand out and turned Rainbow's head so she was looking at Applejack. Applejack could see the pain in her big eyes.