Chapter 59: Wolf Shedding The Sheep's Skin

Start from the beginning

"This is not just Virtual Reality. It's a complete Alternate Reality that people of the real world can visit and go to on a limited time to escape their own lives and realities. But" As Jack went on to ponder at this part of his thoughts, he subconsciously turned his gaze to that kid beside the other NPC kids. "—I came to realize too late that everyone doesn't have the same thoughts when going inside this world. Some of them are here to play, some are here to work, some are here to go on adventure, and some are here specifically to socialize with the NPCs while some are trapped here by some unknown stroke of luck or misfortune, playing by the games of the ones who hold their fates..."

Jack held the boy and the three surviving subordinates understood his intentions. Jin met Jack's eyes and the two nodded at each other with Jack pulling his swords from their scabbards.

After Billion concluded his calls and given orders, he turned back to look at Jack, "The diversion ain't going to last. After they're got caught, that witch would probably discover us here immediately so we got to move fast."

Jack nodded and then gazed far beyond the streets up front, towards the group of large buildings that towered tens of meters high and hundreds of meters long that owned their own part in the city.

Even though not all parts of the city was under attack, the coordination of the invaders had already exceeded the number that The Union forces had placed to defend the places that were attacked.

The Central Plaza...

The Hangar Bays...

The Wall...

The NPC Barracks...

The Training Grounds...

The Coliseums...

The Trading Centers...

Shopping Centers...

Teleportation Squares...

Many main parts of the city were attacked and although the Enchantment Temples were intact and The Legion never dared to attack them in fear of being persecuted by the entire world's Enchanters, The Legion still made sure that the magic supplies of the defenders will be hindered to some degree.

So far, they have succeeded at this point and the fact that the Barrier Dome was weakening day by day was one testament of their success.

The numbers of invaders inside may seem to be on a standstill with the numbers of defenders but since the forces were divided into the wall and the Barrier Mages, the situation still fell in favor of The Legion.

In The Hangars were the exploding magic spells of the batch of invaders that managed to sneak inside the city. Skills flew straight to the Support Mages and Barrier Mages. The invaders never paid attention to the Hunters and Warriors who stood in their paths.

The Legion had clearly put their attention into exterminating the entire support line of the defenders.

Initially, there were still 15 days of estimated time before the collapsing period but it had long since been rendered shorter because of this gracefully performed coordinated attack.

"Billion, at this point, the invaders would be able to bypass the defenses on the hangar bays. The Support and Barrier Mages will not be able to last long." Jack said with a frown as he withdrew his gaze from that side and faced the City Lord. "From our position, if the coast is clear, we can try that chance to do a pick up, although the problem with that is the fact that we have a few extra people to carry with us. We can't abandon them... especially the kid."

Billion gave a nod and thought for plans. He was deeply frowning these past few days that it had already become part of his looks in the faces of these desperate refugees.