That's What Makes You Beautiful

Magsimula sa umpisa

My mom arrived with her bowl of popcorn.

“What was that you want to show me, honey?” mom asked.

The news report was out. There was nothing useful I can show to my mom anymore.

“Nothing mom. Never mind.” I said.

Mom could’ve put the popcorn back to the kitchen but she thought of a great idea.

“Since I have this popcorn already, what if we all just watch a movie instead.” She suggested.

That was a great idea indeed. After all, the day was pretty exhausting and I needed a little rest from all the work.

It was Wednesday if you don’t know what day it was. It was a day after the tornado and two days after the day Cody and I first met. It was all doing so fast. I just couldn’t explain why.

The movie was running. I didn’t know what it was but surely it was a fun movie.

THE AVENGERS

I know you know what that movie is. Well, it played on DVD. And it kinda was fun watching.

Then, it just came to me. Youtube. Maybe, Niall’s video was still there. Yes, of course, it’s still there. I opened my laptop and searched for that video of Niall.

It took me a couple of minutes surfing the internet, searching for Niall’s video. I just couldn’t find it. It was weird. Very weird.

I remembered Don tweeted the link. It was the reason why it had so turned a hit in no time. I logged in to my twitter. I was excited on seeing the link than discovering how my followers were doing.

It was exactly 578029 followers. Predictable for someone that is relatively known from a popular band.

I went to Don’s page. He was actually online at that time. Every tweet of his got 50+ retweets and favorites. It was amazing. I browsed his every tweet. I never knew he took pictures of us. From Cody and Liam’s birthday to that lunch we had in Bergur Stop. But I wasn’t searching for a picture, I was on a search for that youtube link of Niall’s video.

I couldn’t understand why I had hard times finding that video link. It could’ve been a hit so it’s not that hard of tracking it.

I tweeted Don about my problem.

@DonJules Heya! You know where I can find my little bro Niall’s video? Link perhaps?

I clicked tweet.

Observing my interactions, there were lots of retweets. From 40 to 70 until it passed a hundred. Someone replied but I was still looking forward for Don’s reply.

After a couple of seconds or less than a minute, Don replied my tweet.

@SamNickH youtube.com/watch?v=5cn6JYA20Eo there :)

He tweeted.

I was so happy. Finally, I could show mom what we’ve been up to all day long.

I clicked on the video. It was it. I thought it was something else but it was it. It had 1 million hits in just a couple of hours.

“Mom,” I called. “Take a look at this.”

I was pretty excited to show it to mom. Niall wasn’t that interested until he saw himself.

“It’s me, mom. Take a look.” Niall said.

I turned the computer facing mom. She saw the video. I could see her eyes get glossy and wet. She hugged Niall like a living stuffed toy.