Baby, You Light Up My World Like Nobody Else

I leaned on the backseat window. I almost can see our house.

“We’re here!” Niall announced as he was very excited.

“Almost!” my mom smiled.

Rose and Lily were excited, too. We all were. You don’t have any idea how mom is very great at cooking. Especially, my favorite, potato and carrot fries. Surprised? It’s actually not bad. Carrot fries? We eat it raw but we fry the potatoes. Then, we dip it in a nice hot gravy and ketchup and voila, potatoes and carrot fries. Sound fun? Life is fun. That’s how we treat life.

Rose waited for the door to be opened. Niall told her to step away because he was up to something.

“Thank you!” Niall’s cute voice glared at us. Lily chuckled seeing a boy who already seemed like an all grown man.

“Why you little!” I pinched Niall’s cheek.

Niall flipped the door mat and there revealed a key.

“You put your keys here?” asked Rose.

“I have no idea.” I explained.

Niall took something from his bag. Probably, a chest or something. Something to do with using a key.

“This key is not for the door.” said Niall. “It’s for this treasure chest.”

“Aargh! Matey. That’s very clever of you.” I teased him in a pirate’s accent.

“Cut it out. You sound like an homeless old woman.” replied Niall.

I rolled my eyes as if I was angry but I wasn’t. I didn’t mind it a lot.

Niall opened the chest using the key from the door mat.

“What’s keeping you waiting?” asked mom while checking on something in the car.

“Nothing mom.” I yelled back. “Just admiring the doorknob.”

All of us laughed while mom didn’t know what actually was going on.

The chest had been opened. “Cheers for Mr. Hook who got his treasure chest opened!” I proclaimed.

“Yay!” cheered both Rose and Lily. We gave Niall a round of applause that surely made a bit of his smile obvious.

Niall took another key from the chest and I guessed, it was the door’s key and I wasn’t wrong. He inserted it to the doorknob and in less than five seconds, Open Sesame! We entered the house and went to the living room for a rest.

“You’ve quite a nice house here.” praised Lily.

“Thank you!” I responded. “I bet your house is way more fashionable than this.”

By the time I said that, I saw her face tore apart into pieces.

“It’s not what you think it is.” she said. “We don’t even have a house yet. We’re just renting an apartment. That’s all.”

“At least, you have a house than homeless.” smiled Rose to make Lily feel better.

Niall suddenly opened the television that had a max volume which scared the hell out of us.

“Oh my gosh, Niall!” I shouted. “Stop that!”

Niall glimpsed at me. “Do you know where the clicker is?” He yelled while was covering his ears with his hands as well as all of us because it was too loud.

“Got it!” said Rose. She minimized the television volume which made the house a bit of peace.

“Thank goodness.” I said. “I almost got my eardrums popped out.”

The television was airing something about soccer. “Hold it right there!” I told Rose who was planning to change the channel.

“Here we go again.” said Niall. “Change the channel. You’re the only one who likes that soccer. What about us?”

“Very well!” I insisted half-heartedly. “Go ahead.”

Niall smiled. He took the clicker and went to a music channel. By that time, I saw an unexpected yet unbelievable clip on that music channel which made my backbone chill a lot.

“Oh my gosh, it’s him.” I was shocked.

“Yeah, Cody Schmuckz.” said Rose.

“How come he’s in a band? I never knew he sings.”

“Probably, it just so happens that you don’t want to know him.”

“Oh my god. This is so not happening, I mean, Cody? Band singer? Unbelievable.”

Lily seemed to know what we were talking about so she joined in.

“In fact, Cody is one heartrob in our city.”

I turned towards Lily with hesitation. “You know him, too?” I was so confused. “Why is it that you to know these guy and I don’t. Am I that of an outcast?”

“Calm your tits, Nick. Just watch the vid and listen to their song. Cody sings amazing.” Rose told me.

I stopped worrying and focused on the video. I never felt so guilty in my life. Knowing I’ve been ignoring a superstar makes my heart pop out loud.

Cody really had a wonderful voice. No doubt about that. Listening to his songs made my day greater and at the same time, horrible. Until I heard this one of a kind song of his which made me realized, it was actually for me.

First time I saw you, I was surprised

I noticed you cause your staring at my eyes

I have no idea what made me like

You cause you’ve been running in out and of my mind

I don’t know why you’re always ignoring me

What did I do bad cause it’s not that easy

Life after seeing you is just a matter of

Laugh or cry, live or die

You don’t think you’re so beautiful

You flip your hair amazes me and all

If only you know that I like you

Then it would be the best thing to do

O-oh. Oo-woah-wo-oh.

O-oh. Oo-woah-wo-oh.

“What a great song, isn’t it?” said Lily.

“Yeah, don’t you like it Nick? It’s actually a month ago song.” asked Rose.

I was speechless. I couldn’t believe Cody Schmuckz was actually singing, on television? Come on. But when I saw him sing, it really made my day. It made my pride fade away and my head wants me to apologize to him for what I’ve been treating him that day. It was only a day but there were lots of things that happened.

In case you haven’t noticed, it was the first day of school. Sorry if I didn’t mention it earlier. I just got carried away and all. Alright. Back to the story.

As I was saying. My friends and I were enjoying that day. Bonding with each other truly made that day very special. Niall on the other hand was enjoying his time with Lily with some guitar lessons.

“Dinner is almost ready, children.” yelled mom.

[4/13/13]

[I have never even remembered I wrote a song. I mean, the band wrote a song. Haha. That was really nice and yeah. I kind of edited it not much but not a little bit, too. In case you're wondering, clicker is a remote. It's what american's call it. So, if you have any questions. Just comment please. Thanks.]