Everyone Else In The Room Can See It

“Peet!” whistled a man. Probably, their coach. He signaled everybody to take some rest. A guy, a blonde one who also happened to be a basketball player neared us as I was again, tensed.

“Hey!” said the guy.

I faced Rose and mouthed, “What am I going to do?”

Rose told me to say hi so, then I replied the guy a hi.

“What are you two girls doing here in such time as this?” he asked.

“Nothing. We’re just hanging around here just to see how great all of you play.” I answered. “Are we not supposed to?”

The guy smiled. “Of course, you can hang around here and don’t flatter us much, it doesn’t help. We, players take criticism as compliments. Judgment as suggestions. Comments as a priority.”

“Isn’t that too harsh and it’s not even legit.” said Rose.

“Yes, it is not. But as of disciplinary reasons, we should do all of it as a must.”

I noticed something about that guy. “You know what?”

“Yes, my lady?” he smiled.

“You talk like a knight and by the way, we still don’t know you’re name. I don’t talk to strangers.”

“Haha!” he laughed. “I apologize for that and may I introduce myself. I am Daniel Liam Schmuckz. Your athletic prince.” Then, he winks.

“You really are funny. He does seem funny, right Rose?”

Rose was speechless. She stared at Daniel’s eyes as if there was something beautiful about it.

“Hey! Rose!” I clapped my hands in front of her eyes.

“Oh my gosh, what?” Rose said.

“You blinked.” I chuckled. Daniel was just smiling.

“Of course, I blinked. You clapped your hands in front of my face.” She responded. "What the heck?"

Daniel and I laughed as Rose wasn’t feeling much comfortable but she laughed as well.

Then, I remembered. This guy was actually a schmuck, I mean, a Schmuckz so I didn’t hesitate to ask. “Are you kind of related to some guy named Cody Schmuckz?”

Daniel then smiled. Rose’s mouth was gaped and was almost drooling.

“Yes, he’s actually my brother.” He replied proudly.

I gasped unbelievably. “Why would the two hot guys I know in school be brothers? Why?” That was the only question that was rushing into my mind. Rose was still in her subconscious state. She was staring at him as if he was a beautiful angel.

“So, you know my brother?” Daniel asked. "Everyone knows my brother."

I didn’t know what to say. I pretended to check my phone on something. I was shocked seeing the time was already 3:30 in the afternoon. I was starting to hate time because it went so fast while when I was a kid, time was as slow as the oldest turtle living.

I seized Rose’s right arm. “We gotta go now.” I said to Daniel. Rose was reaching her hand to Daniel’s but I pulled her outside the court.

“I hope we meet again, charming princesses.” said Daniel as we vanish our way into our next class.

I never made a glance at Daniel because I was making my way to the laboratory immediately.

“Wait, wait. Don’t drag me like that. I’m not a cat.” said Rose.

“Well, come on. It’s already chemistry. We’re fifteen minutes late.”

Rose couldn’t believe it. Time was so much deceiving. “Oh my gosh. Drag me as fast as you can!”

Rose and I ran towards the chemistry laboratory.

The laboratory door screeched open while we were panting to get inside. Everyone in the room got startled. Every student there stared at us as if we were some freak show or whatsoever.

“Do you have any idea how late you are?” said our chemistry professor.

“Sorry, huh, huh, profess, huh, sor.” I apologized.

“Go get your gloves and glasses. Everyone, carry on.”

I was relieved. I was almost thinking that we might not get to do our daily activity in chemistry which I like the most. Rose and I were partners, as usual. We prepared all the apparatuses and everything we will need for the experiment.

“Alright now, everybody. Distillate the liquid on the flask.” Our professor ordered.

As soon as everyone heard that, the experiment started.”

After half an hour of experimenting, “Ring!” The school bell rang. It was already four o’clock. Time to go home.

[4/13/13]

[Daniel's language was kind of redundant much so I had to modify it and yeah, I like injecting humour onto it and so i thought of some things that might help. Anyways, hope you enjoy and tell me what you think.]