You Don't Know, Oh Oh

The first training was as awesome as it could ever be. I enjoyed the game. Everyone enjoyed themselves as well. The coach had a great time. Everything was perfect.

It was already noon. Time for lunch. Waiting in the Cafeteria, I was getting a bit hungry but I was alone. I wondered where Rose was. She never texted me if she’s sick or anything. Probably, family problems. No, I think it’s not that. 

Then, I saw Lily enter the Cafeteria. I smiled with relief. Finally, I have someone to talk to. I stood up and waved at her. She noticed me so she went to sit with me. I was smiling a lot which made her smile as well.

 “Hey!” I greeted. 

“Yeah!” she smiled. She checked out her stuff in her bag that I didn’t actually know what about.

“Happen to know where Rose is? I’ve been texting her. She doesn’t reply. I’ve been searching for her like crazy.”

“Oh, she’s actually here. I’ve talked to her like hours ago and there had been a bad incident.” Lily’s voice was mysterious.

“Really?” I totally wanted know. “What about?”

Lily lowered her voice. “She’d been robbed by three guys. They took her cellphone and her lunch money.”

 My eyes widened. I almost started laughing but I got rid of it. “You have got to be kidding me.” I said.

 I could see it on Lily’s eyes. She wasn’t. “I’m serious. She really was robbed.”

Oh my gosh. I couldn’t believe it. First, it was just a funny excuse. Then, it happened to my very best friend. Oh my world. I couldn’t believe such things. What sorcery happens to do with this?

I was speechless. I need to see Rose right now. I need to share her lunch or she’ll starve to death or worse, get thin. Poor best friend.

“Do you know where’s Rosie? I need to talk to her about this.” 

Lily stood up. She took her bag and said. “Follow me.”

I stood up. Grabbed my stuff and went to follow Lily for a Rose rescue mission.

We went from the Cafeteria, to the hallways until we reached the basketball court. There I saw Rose talking with someone. Daniel Liam Schmuckz. I’m actually starting to like schmuck as a word. Well, not that it meant anything. Just because, you know the story. Well, I don’t want to confuse you or anything. Back to the story, yes.

As I saw them, my heart felt relief. My face went from sullen to happy. I never had to disturb them but I still went to have a chat with them.

“Hey guys!” I greeted them.

Rose turned her ways to me and so was Daniel.

“Hey princess.” said Daniel which made my smile a bit visible.

“Nick!” Rose was so excited, she invited me a warm hug.

We made a tight warm hug as if we haven’t seen each other for ages.

“What happened Rose? Lily told me…”

“That’s alright, Nick. It’s just fine. Besides, Liam bought me a new phone. Isn’t that sweet?” Rose said.

I turned my face towards Daniel or Liam or either what name to use. He was smiling and proud of what he had done. I was happy for him. I was happy for Rose. This day wasn’t bad after all.

“By the way, it’s lunch time. Fancy visiting the Cafeteria?” I asked.

Rose smiled. “Sure.” She went her attention to Liam. “Mind if we invite you to our little lunch party?”