This Idea Will Not Work

"Really? You do realize they are master pranksters right? How're we going to manage that?"

"Um, hello, Vera you're forgetting something."

"What?! It seems like all the cards are already in play against us." I roll my eyes.

"No, because I'm a prankster also, and my wand seems to work well with those sort of spells. We can get them with a complicated spell. Find a cool hex and use it on them."

Vera looks apprehensively at me. "Really? I mean, I want to get them back, but Auntie Molly made me promise never to be like them."

I sigh exasperated. "It won't be the same, because we're doing it for revenge." When she gives me a look I laugh. "Well I guess for good fun too. Y'know what? I'm going to be doing a prank with them tomorrow, and I can cause it to go wrong. Maybe I can bewitch the dungbombs to spell out their names. No...too difficult." Vera watches me plan with morbid fascination.

"Do you always think aloud? Geez, now I know how you come up with such good pranks."

Grinning, I give her the answer. "Yes, and it works because I've found a way to prank them. They're expecting me tomorrow with Demonica, so I think you could jump out and distract them. Then I can put a silencing charm on them, make them unable to speak! I just have to find it somewhere..."

"Umm Leslie?"

"Yes Vera?"

"We have two essays to complete. Why don't you do this in the morning." I glance at her, yawning as I do so.

"You're probably right." I tiredly finish my last essay around twelve at night. My pillow has never seemed so comfortable.

-----------------------------------------

"Hello George." I say, half asleep from last night's stress. "I just want to thank you for making my life a living hell sometimes."

"Thanks, but I think you're talking to the wrong redhead." Fred's eyes sparkle mischievously. "You'll never guess what we've come up with."

"Oh yeah? How about a plan for more sleep." I wasn't about to let him off the hook for being annoying and giving us that extra essay last night. "I better get a good grade on that potions essay."

"What's this? I'm being left out again!" Demonica storms in. "I heard we were doing a prank and you didn't tell me?"

"I'm sorry Demonica, but if you want to blame somebody, blame Fred and George. They made Professor Snape so angry he gave us an essay." I roll my eyes. "I don't even know why that man is a professor. He spends half his time bullying students, and when he isn't doing that, he's complaining about Gryffindors. That man needs a life."

"True." I see Vera come out. "Hey Georgie, Freddie, how's your day going?"

"Just fine cousin, is there a reason you're calling us by our annoying baby names?"

"You don't seem to mind when your mum calls you it."

"Shut up Vera."

I make my move. Sneaking up behind the boys, I wave my wand. "Silencia."