Wait, You Can Do WHAT?

We were all busy for the first few hours on the train ride. Fred and George sat suspiciously close to each other, probably planning another prank. Lee and I sat together talking about our lives. I told him that my dad is a landscaper, and how my mum helps him with it. He tells me how his parents have jobs in the ministry, which warranted a long explanation of the Ministry of Magic.

Meanwhile, Ficus complained about the meager amount of soil in his pot, so I kept watering him, hoping it would at least soothe some of his discomfort.

"Hey Lee, what do you like to do for fun?" Jordan, as I was now calling him, asks.

"That's a good question. I spend all of my days out in the forest behind my house talking to Agatha. She's my best friend in all the forest."

Jordan's eyes grow wide with curiosity. "Is she a muggle?"

Laughing, I shake my head. "No, of course not! Agatha is a willow tree. I have no other human friends."

"Am I your friend?" Typical, he completely missed the 'she's a willow tree' part.

"Well, I guess you are-"

"Wait Lee, are you really doing that?" George butts in.

"Why is it such a big deal? I promised to make friends and here you are."

Now Fred looks up. "Well Lee, you just proclaimed yourself our friend, which means you are now an accomplice and witness to all of our pranks."

"What! No, I never agreed-no, no!" I shake my head vigorously. "Jordan, help me!"

"Sorry Lee, I can't help you on this one." His dark eyes sparkle with laughter.

"We already have our first one planned. We're going to throw a dungbomb right under Dumbledores cloak as he calls our names. That way he'll have the proper...disposition, to the arrival of the biggest trouble makers Hogwarts has ever known."

I close my eyes and groan. "Of all the people I had to meet first, why did it have to be you?"

"The question of the century." Ficus complains. "Please Leslie, do not tell me you are going to follow these knuckleheads into whatever lucid dream they deem true."

"Don't worry Ficus, these knuckleheads have no dictation in what I do!" I smile mischievously at the twins.

"Hey!"

Then they realize who I was talking to. "Are you...talking to that tree?"

"I didn't know it was so obvious." I roll my eyes as they try to figure that out.

"Wait," Jordan says, a slight fear in his eyes. "Are you mental? She can't be, trees don't talk."

"Well, not to you, but they can communicate to me." I hide my face, ashamed as they turn their faces to me. "I-I was born with it, it's not my fault..." I trail away as Fred looks at me in wonder.

"Are you joking! That's so cool. George, I wonder how we can use this to our advantage."

Of course he thinks of his pranks. I hide in my fingers. "You...you won't tell anyone, will you? I mean, Agatha told me not to let it slip, and here I go, already messing up."

Jordan smiles and pats my shoulder. "We won't tell anyone. What do you take us for, common pranksters?"

"Yeah."

"We're professionals."

"Thanks guys. I'm glad you won't leave me, even though we've just met. I feel like most people would do that." My eyes feel scratchy with emotion and I struggle not to cry.

"But Lee, we're not 'most people'. We won't leave you, ever." Jordan looks at me reassuringly.

George smiles mischievously. "Well, we'd kind of have to if you let it slip after one of our pranks. But yeah, mostly I agree."

"George!"