Transfiguration

Demonica helps me up to the Transfiguration classroom, and we walk in together. It is neat and crisp, and I can definably tell it is Professor McGonagall's classroom. Up front we see her, prim and proper as always.

"Welcome Miss Alan and Miss Stivers, find your seats please." We find two seats next to each other in the back.

"I bet your going to love Transfiguration!" Demonica smiles.

"What is it exactly?" I ask, no one told me anything about the courses here.

"It's the..." Suddenly she hushes up.

I look up to see Professor McGonagall look at us with disdain.

"Transfiguration is a branch of magic that focuses on the alteration of the form or appearance of an object, via the alteration of the object's molecular structure." She says, and I can't help but think that it sounds like it was read from a textbook.

She continues on to show us a few cool spells, like how to change a rat into a teacup and a bird into a goblet.

"Now this is very advanced Transfiguration, and you won't learn it for a while. Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." Her eyes flash.

"Today, we are going to be learning the Transfiguration formula. That is, the guide to transfiguring an object correctly. It will serve you throughout all your years at Hogwarts. It is like this. The intended transformation, t, is directly influenced by bodyweight, a, viciousness, v, wand power, w, concentration, c, and a fifth unknown variable, Z." She walks over to the board and writes it down.

We spend the rest of the class going over the formula

We spend the rest of the class going over the formula. At the door Demonica and I depart from each other.

"Wow, that's a lot like things taught in Muggle schools, like maths and science." I comment.

"Really? I thought it was rather anticlimactic."

"Demonica! She said it's very dangerous, we ought to learn the basics first."

She sighs. "I know. I just wanted to do some magic."

"You're unbearable." I roll my eyes at her and she pats me on the shoulder.

"Uh, you should go. Professor Snape isn't very tolerant of lateness, and he isn't very nice either."

I nod. "Ok, bye."

The walk down to the dungeons is dark and dank, and I would've gotten lost several times if I had not found a map on the back of my schedule. I make it on time, and walk in to a drastically different atmosphere than before.

The room is dark and cold, and on the walls I can see bottled heads and jars with other nasty things in them. At the front is a man who reflects the very atmosphere of the room.

Dressed in all black, with greasy black hair and hard black eyes, he was very cruel looking. I knew not to speak up unless asked to. The Gryffindors walk in, and Professor Snape scowls at them.

"I thought Professor McGonagall told you not to be late?" He says in a monotone voice.

The Gryffindors stiffen, and a few shoot him foul looks. He does not fail to notice.

"In this class you shall not show up late, is that clear? You will be on time. You will be respectful. You will sit down, and you will listen to me when I am talking to you Mr and Mr Weasley!" He ends with a loud voice.

I'm beginning to think I fear him.