Pranking...The Whole School? Why Not?

The potion took about an hour to make, so we decided to do it tomorrow morning at breakfast. George made it into little balls that you throw at someone and it bursts open.

"Are you sure it will work? I mean, if we miss it will be everywhere right?" I ask George as I meet him at the Great Hall.

"Nope. It's the magic, it's spill-proof. But if you hit someone else, it will stick to them."

"That's not so bad." Fred walks up behind us, red hair rumpled. "We'd still prank someone else. I think Lee should do it."

I blanch. "Me? Why? I have terrible aim."

Fred opens his mouth to answer and is cut off by a snort of annoyance behind us. A sixth year Ravenclaw waits impatiently behind us. As he passes, he whispers something to me.

"If you really want to get us, use the spell pluesursum. And next time, stay out of my way." I stare in shock at him. Did he really just help us? I narrow my eyes.

"What?" George looks at me as I go deep into thought.

"He told me a spell, and he said it will help, but I am reluctant to believe him. It could be a prank in itself."

"True." Fred got out his wand. "What's the spell?"

"It's pluesursum. Let's use water and see what happens." Fred enchants the water, and he plain old fails the spell. It is a sixth year who gave us small eleven-year-olds this spell anyways. Unfortunately we don't have time for more practice, so of course I get nominated to do it. We go into the hall and sit at our respective tables. Vera offers me a seat next to her and I gracefully accept.

"So, how is your morning going?"
She tries to start small talk with me, but I'm to distracted to answer coherently.

"What?" I blink almost stupidly across the tables, right at George, who winks. Our signal! I discreetly pull out my wand and aim at the sky.

"Pluesursum" I whisper. I can feel the magic in my wand struggling, when suddenly of it's own accord the wand moves in a circular motion with a flick. There is an explosion of color, and it starts raining the dye. We had to subject ourselves to this as well or we'd be caught. So my black hair turns a vivid blue and I squeal with happiness. Vera gets red, right on the top of her hair. But the funniest is Lesath. He yowls loudly as his 'beautiful' hair gets covered in all three colors. It resembles a work of abstract art. I can't stop laughing at the sight of it. Vera snags my attention.

"What's going on?!" She shouts. It is chaos. Everyone, even the teachers are covered with color, but the rest of the hall is virtually untouched. Suddenly I realize something. The sixth year gave us a spell without a movement. He tried to make us fail. But somehow, my wand took a mind of its own and decided to do it for me. And now they definably won't catch us, because it was extremely complicated magic that we simply couldn't have performed on our second day ever at Hogwarts. I sit down nonchalantly and finish my breakfast whilst chaos continues around me.