Percy Makes His Entrance

George takes the box from Fred and slowly and dramatically shows me the contents. There are beans of almost every color.

"You, Leslie Stivers, are going to experience one of the greatest moments in the wizarding world." He waits for me to say something.

"Oh, you want me to-I mean what is it?" I feel my cheeks go red from embarrassment but I am smiling. George is too funny when he attempts to be dramatic.

"It is...get ready for it! It is...the Every-flavour Beans Challenge!" George takes out a bright pink bean and holds it out on his palm. "Now Fred, kindly explain what I am going to do." Fred takes up the chance to talk.

"Now this idiot, whom we call George, will take the hot pink bean and stuff it into his mouth." George laughs at Fred and rolls his eyes, and when Fred returns the gesture they look identically annoyed. George puts the bean in his mouth and slowly chews down. His face instantly relaxes and he sighs.

"I got that muggle treat you chew, what is it? I've seen them blow bubbles with it."

"That is bubblegum."

"Oh, don't be so smug."

"So I can't be and you can? Seriously George! My turn." Fred turns to me and winks.

"They are every-flavor."

I take a yellowish one and nibble it a bit. Immediately I make a face and spit.

"Ewwww, yuck yuck yuck! I must've got bogeys, that's so gross!" The boys howl in laughter, and I join in. Suddenly, the compartment door slides open and a rather skinny boy with the same red hair sticks his head in.

"Fred and George, keep it down! I'm trying to read over here and I can't with all this ruckus." I see the twins exchange a look, and then they nod. It's all fake though.

"Ok Perce, we promise to be, 'quiet'." The older boy doesn't catch the sarcasm in their voice and leaves. Fred and George exchange mischievous looks. Jordan shakes his head.

"What are you planning now?"

I glance at him. "Who was that?" I ask. I wonder if he's related to them. He looked like a stick version of the more stout twins. They both take turns answering.

"That, was a pigheaded,"

"Thick,"

"Snippy,"

"Uptight,"

"And most importantly, annoying brother of ours." They finish together.

"Oh. What is his name?" I ask, slightly baffled by the amount of distaste they suddenly have for him.

"Oh he's Percy. Don't hang out with him unless you're a bookworm." I shake my head at them.

"You should at least show him some support, he is your brother." Jordan rolls his eyes.

"Oh no," he groans. "You've just-"

"We could hang out with Bill, but he's graduated." Fred interrupts.

"Or Charlie, he is so much better. He hangs out with magical beasts, what's cooler than that!"

"Or Ron. Even that dimwit can be more interesting than Percy."

"Or even Ginny, but I wouldn't. She bites."

"But when it comes to pranking..."

"Perce is our favorite!" They finish together.

More and more I learn about this magical world, and still I think that these twins are stranger than all of it. Jordan takes the beans.

"Whilst they finish plotting, we can finish the challenge. Let's go!"