Family Relations

Once I get down to the Great Hall, with a little help of course, I settle down and get some food. There are pancakes! And toast, both of which I love immensely. As I do this, I see some of the professors giving out schedules. Eventually one gets to me, a short man with black hair.

"Here you go Miss Stivers." He says in his squeaky voice.

"Thank you Professor." I answer back, and take the sheet from his hands. I look at what class is first, and see it is Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. This makes me feel happy as I know her and she knows me. I see it says 'with Hufflepuff'. Good, that means Demonica will be in my first class to help me. As if hearing my thoughts, Demonica comes over to my table and holds out her schedule.

"Look, we have the first class together! Let's compare the rest of our schedule."

I look down. Next I have potions with a man by the name of Professor Snape.

"Urgh, that man is a total pushover, you're bound to be mocked by him, but he has no guts whatsoever."

"Oh, then it sucks that on Wednesday I have double potions then."

Demonica moans. "Not as bad as me! I have it today, just later than you."

Next I see Herbology and Flying Lessons.

"What's Herbology? And we get to fly? How?"

Demonica rubs her head. "Tone it down, would ya? It's kind of early and I'm tired. Herbology is the study of magical plants, and we fly on brooms in a game called Quidditch, which I won't explain. The lesson is to get you started and scout out good candidates for the team next year."

"Not this year?" I ask.

"We're to young. There has only been a handful of players who started as a first year, and none of them are alive today."

"Wow, the sport must be hard then. Most muggle sports you can start at a young age." I remember my mum signing me up for futbol, and how much I hated it.

"Really? Well, they must be much easier than Quidditch."

"Hey, Lee!" Looking over, I see Fred and George staring at me mischievously.

"How much trouble this time?" I ask, folding my arms and glaring at them.

"Woah, no need to go all Mum mode on us!"

"Yeah, we didn't even get a detention, Professor Dumbledore pardoned us!"

"Well, that's good, considering you already have several." Then I remember something. "Not to intrude, but do you know someone named Vera Prewett?"

They smile. "Yes, she's our cousin. Her dad is our mum's distant relative, but since he was adopted by her parents we consider them our close family."

"Oh, so your mum's name is Molly?" They smile.

"Got it right! Just for your info, before you bombard us with questions," George starts.

"Our dad's name is Arthur, our Uncle's name is Cryliss, and our great aunties' name is Muriel."

I smile as they finish together. "Thanks, that sure clears it up."