Apologies and Actual Meetings

Eventually I find an empty compartment and make myself comfortable. Ficus shifts and complains some more, then falls into a slumber-like state. I keep searching for a comeback. I want friends, but they completely humiliated me. They had the nerve to let a smoke-bomb go off in her face, then trick me further with their names. I kept thinking of great ideas, then discarding them. I need to get to know them better first, like what they know or what they're good at. I realize I've been sitting in my room staring at the wall for awhile now, because someone calls out.

"Hey you, with the tree!"

I look over, and see the boy, Lee, from earlier. He smiles and waves. I open the door and allow him to enter.

"Hello, I'm sorry for what they did, even though they're my friends they're very thick. What's your name? I'm Lee Jordan by the way."

I smile back at him. "I am Leslie Stivers, you can call me Lez or Lee. If you plan on being a close friend you can call me Lee. I accept your apology, considering they probably won't give you one."

Lee smiles. "Ok, I'll call you Lee then. Don't worry, I'm only known as Lee to my parents. I am Jordan to the twins so you can be different."

"I would like that. Just don't let them throw a smoke-bomb at me again." Then a voice speaks up.

"Firework."

"What?" I say confusedly. One of the red heads steps out and smirks. The other lounges out on the bench across us.

"It wasn't a smoke-bomb,"

"It was one of our fireworks."

"Seriously, get it right."

"Yeah, what type of smoke-bomb has sparkling dragons that come out of it." Him and his twin take turns speaking, and I shake my head in confusion.

"Remind me again who's who?"

Ficus stirs and waves his leaves. "What did I miss?" Then he sees the twins. "Oh no, not these arses!" He groans. Meanwhile, unhearing of Ficus, the twins continue.

"Guess."

"Hey Lee, I bet you five galleons she won't get it right."

Ficus whispers into my ear as discreetly as he can. "The one on the left is George, and on the right is Fred."

I stare in amazement. "How do you know that? I can hardly tell them apart, let alone remember their names."

He snorts. "The one on the right is slightly shorter, perhaps by a half an inch."

I don't delay anymore. "You're George, and you're Fred." They stare at each other in amazement.

"How?"

"Pay up Fred." Lee laughs.

"Shut up Jordan." Fred growls. Now that Ficus had pointed out the differences, I could easily tell them apart. Even if it was just a slight height difference, I could see it clear as day now.

Fred hands over the golden coins that I learned are the largest form of wizarding currency. I laugh at the shocked expressions still on both of their faces, and I start thinking I might have found my first friends this year.