We Forgot Someone

The rest of the day was spent laughing and color-filled. That was, until Demonica storms up to us, her hair a bright yellow. We are in the corridor during lunch.

"Not that I object, but didn't I say wait for me? You guys left me unknowing."

"Sorry," I say apologetically. "We just needed it done quick, when everyone was up for classes. Nice hair though."

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah right. I'm not mad at you, just these knuckleheads."

"What?" Said George. "It was our best prank yet. We won't get caught."

"Yeah, anyways, I got red so I'm virtually unchanged." Fred smiles. "Jordan, nice blue locks. You too Lee."

He shakes his dreads, the blue color rather electrifying, not unlike my own.

"Thanks Fred. I too was left in the dark. Can't say I'm complaining now. I've always wanted blue hair!" Jordan smiles. "But I have one question. When will it come out?"

Fred grins and a sparkle in his eye alerts me to the trick he pulls next.

"Never!" At our horrified faces he laughs.

"No it doesn't Fred. You're pulling our leg." I am not fooled so easily.

"How would you know that?" He asks.

"Because you would never dye Professor McGonagall's hair yellow for eternity. I bet she's already got it off. Either that or you're death is imminent. I could be Professor Trelawney. You, Fred Weasley, are going to die..." I glance behind me. "Right now!" I yelp. Behind us, Professor McGonagall smiles stiffly.

"Classes are about to start. I would advise being on time." We walk away, breathing a sigh of relief.

"We weren't caught." George sighs with relief.

"Next time, Mr and Mr Weasley, I would use more red. It suits us Gryffindors. Do not prank the school again if you want to slack in your classes."

Everyone turns to Professor McGonagall with wide eyes.

"We got off lightly there." Jordan wipes his brow.

"And did you see her hair Fred, it was normal. See, I told you." Demonica snorts.

"Well suffice to say that she is on our side. But did you notice how she only blamed you?" Her eyes burn with amusement. "You are the official scapegoats of Hogwarts."

"Seriously? Why us?" They say together.

"Probably because you pranked someone on the train and at the sorting ceremony. You sure got the message across." I cross my arms and pretend to look annoyed.

"Is it stereotypical of me to think you look like an eagle eying it's prey right now?"

"Yes, yes it is Jordan. But I'll let it slide." I narrow my eyes at him. "This is my eagle face. Anyways, I prefer plants. Trees to be honest."

"I know that. Anyway, where is your little plant you picked up earlier?" Jordan jumps as Fred pokes him.

"Oh, I put him in the greenhouse. He's much happier up there. I think he'll be a lot less irritating now."

Demonica looks at the clock and sighs. "I'm afraid I must rain on your parade. Classes start soon, and I certainly don't want to be late. See ya." She flounces off. Fred and George exchange glances and groan.

"We have potions don't we?"