Chapter 57: The Youngest Player Avatar

Start from the beginning

"Damn it." Billion cursed from the bottom of his heart. "These guys just won't drop it. They've been bombarding this entire area non-stop for almost two days now."

"Billion, our circumstances right now aren't favorable for even the slightest of inattention may lead to our demise. I... we have to get away from here first before we get to think about that being."

"Right." Billion gave Jack a nod as he also gritted his teeth before facing Newt, "I will talk to you later. We are in a desperate spot right now."

"Just heed my words, Billion, rope this Elder God into our side. You are fully allowed to spend any resources under my name for this. Do what you must to get him to owe us a favor."

As the son of an executive of The Union, should Billion take these words of advice lightly?

No.

As soon as Billion heard this, it was akin to the sound of thunder in the skies or like a decree of the heavens next to his ears.

If Billion fails to comply with this, then not only he'd lose his job, he'd also lose all criterion to be able to apply in any other job in the future.

His name was registered under the registry of The Union. That's how powerful a son of an executive's words is.

He also understood what Newt meant by 'all expense on his name'. It's like a double-edged sword. He sacrifices for a greater gain. Newt will bear the expenses all in order to rope in this Elder God to their side with all credit going to him alone.

It may be meaningless outside of Terroa but in this virtual world, being a friend of an almighty entity such as an Elder God is a very big feat.

As such, Newt was willing to sacrifice his own name and resources in order to become friends with Donar.

His card on this game board was Billion.

Billion may not be very good at battles but he was a professional that played in the business game world all his life. It was the reason why he was the Development Manager of Alexandria.

"I understand." Billion replied and the call ended.

Jack, in every moment he can, tried to get some sleep because of mental fatigue. He's been online for two straight days now and he only logs out to eat, take a bath, or deposit some load.

As for sleeping, he did that inside the game, taking advantage of the deep sleep function of the NLD.

"You should take a nap for now. We'll still hold out. We'll take turns." Billion said, reassuring his colleague.

Jack glanced at Jin. He was worried. It's been more than 24hrs now but he still hasn't gone back online.

His two remaining crewmates were both support mages and although they could help out when it comes to reinforcing and replenishing Mana for the Shield/Barrier Mages, they are still far too lacking to be able to help in the fight in the entire prospective of things.

Jack knew that since he was the last fighter on his crew, he had to at least be able to fend off for them if he wanted them all to survive.

"Okay." Jack replied and then closed his eyes to rest but before he could even get to sleep, he subconsciously eyed the kid he had picked up in a whim. "What's he doing?"

The kid... was like a zombie.

He keeps on staring upwards as if there was something on the ceiling or beyond it to the skies. His eyes were unfocused and seem to be in the middle of a dream. He kept on rocking his body back and forth and even bumping into the walls and then changing directions like a crash gear.