Chapter Fourteen

Caitlin and I just hung out and talked. We caught up. I forgave her. I figured I'd give her a second chance. It felt good to talk to her. We then watched a movie. We had ordered a pizza and ate that while watching a movie. 

"Well, I'm going to go and get some things. Plus my dress and shoes." Caitlin said, "Then I'll be back and spend the night." "Ok. Sounds good." I said. I said bye to Caitlin and then went online. Cade didn't answer back yet. My message was still there. So I figured he wasn't on yet or now just ignoring me. 

After awhile, Caitlin was back. She put her things into my bedroom. We grabbed some ice cream and put on the TV. "So I was trying to think..." Caitlin said, "Of any guys who are single. I can't." "Me neither." I said, depressed. "I can always share Damon." She said. "I doubt he'd want to dance with me. I mean he did punch me." I said. "Yea. He was a total jerk to you. I told him to apologize, but I'm taking it he didn't." Caitlin replied. "No." I said, shaking my head. "I'll talk to him again." Caitlin said. "It's fine. I'm over it." I said. "Still." Caitlin said. 

"So did Cade write back?" Caitlin asked after awhile. "No. Least not when I checked. Did he write back to you?" I asked. Caitlin pulled out her phone. She looked and then looked angry. "No, he didn't. He blocked me again." She said, "His name is missing." "Seriously?" I asked, pulling my phone out and getting on. "I don't believe it. I just checked it when you were gone and it was still there. So in about 20 minutes he'd blocked us." I replied. "Jerk!" We both said together. We looked at each other and laughed. 

Caitlin's phone rang. "Damon." She said. "Go ahead. Answer it." I said. "You sure?" She asked. "Yes." I said. "Ok." She said and answered it, "Hey Damon." It was quiet, so Damon was talking. "Oh, not much. Just hanging out with Mandi. Having a girls night." Caitlin said. Damon again. I got up and headed into the kitchen to give them privacy. 

I cleaned up the dishes and then just sat at the table. I decided to call my mom. "Hey mom." I said, when I got her voicemail, "Not sure when you'll get this, but... Prom? I'm not sure if I'm going. Not sure if I want to. I'll explain everything when I see you tomorrow." I then hung up. 

Caitlin then came into the kitchen. "So Damon... He's really sorry for what he did to you." She started, "And he heard about Cade. So he's gonna make it up to you. He's gonna see if his brother can get away from college this weekend and be your date." "His brother?" I asked, thinking if I remembered him. "Yea, Stefan." Caitlin replied, "Tall, light brown wavy hair and beautiful green eyes. He was well built, athletic. He was the captain of the basketball team." "Oh I think I might remember him." I said. Caitlin typed something on her phone. Then handed it to me. "Oh yeah." I said, when I saw the picture, "I do remember him now." "Yeah. You had such a huge crush on him." Caitlin said. "I did." I said. "Remember when you asked him out and his girlfriend found out?" Caitlin asked. "Yeah. I seriously thought she was going to best me up." I replied. "Yeah." Caitlin said. We laughed at the memory.

"So, what if Stefan can't come?" I asked, "Then we're back to no one." "Well, let's not think about it." Caitlin said. "I'm trying not to, but it's hard." I said. "I know. It's all Jake's fault." Caitlin said. "Maybe. Well prom is." I agreed, "But not for Cade acting like a jerk. He won't talk to me at all and he just keeps blocking me. Blocking us." "I know. I don't get it." Caitlin said. 

Soon it was about 11:30 pm. "I guess we should try and get some sleep. So we aren't tired for prom." Caitlin said. "Yeah. I agreed. So I made sure the doors and windows downstairs were all locked. I turned out all the lights and then we both went upstairs. We brushed our teeth and got our pajamas on. Then got into the bed. My bed was a queen size, so it was big enough for two people.

Caitlin's phone beeped. "Sorry. I'll turn the sound off." She said. "Its ok." I said. She read it and then turned the sound off and sat it back on the night stand. She was quiet. "I'm sorry. Stefan won't be able to come. His girlfriend's sister is getting married. So he's going to the wedding." She said finally, "I'm so sorry." "Don't be. It's not your fault. It's not even Stefan's or Damon's." I said, yawning. "It's Cade's." Caitlin said, angry with him, "Don't worry. He's gonna pay." "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Let's just say a little payback is in order for how he treated you." Caitlin replied. As much as I hated Cade now for what he was doing, I still didn't want to see him hurt. "It won't hurt him, will it?" I said, "Yeah he's mean and acting like a total jerk...I don't want to see him hurt." "Oh no. Of course not. I don't either. But he might get a little smelly." She said, "Like poop." I laughed. "Ok." I said, not being able to my laughing. That led to Caitlin laughing. Finally we stopped. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep." I said, giggling." "Me neither." Said Caitlin, giggling too. But we both closed our eyes to try.