Chapter Twenty Two

I got home and saw my phone had several texts and missed calls. I didn't even think to take my phone. I looked. Alot were from Erik and Caitlin. They are asking where I was and why I wasn't answering. Then they asked if I heard. If I heard that Cade was missing. I giggled to myself.

I decided to call Caitlin. "Mandi! Where have you been?! I've been texting and calling you!" She exclaimed. "Sorry. I was sick all day and slept. I literally just woke up." I said, lying. I hated lying, but I didn't want to mention the cabin. "Oh wow. Hope you are feeling better." She said. "Thanks." I said, "I am. So what's this about Cade?" "He's missing! He never came home Saturday night. He was at the park with Sam, but Sam left before Cade and has no clue where he is." Caitlin replied. "Are you serious? He's missing?" I asked, trying to sound shocked. "Yes. He didn't come home and it's been about 24 hours now. His mom checked with all his friends, none of them seen him. They weren't with him." Caitlin explained. "Oh, wow... that's terrible." I said, "I mean he was a jerk to me, but I hate to see anything happen to him." "I know. Same here." Said Caitlin. "I wonder what happened." I said. "Yeah. I mean he wouldn't of just ran away." Caitlin said. "No." I agreed, "Maybe...I don't know." I laughed. "I can't think of anything. You said he was with Sam?" I asked. "Yeah, Saturday night they were hanging out at the park. Sam said they were just leaving. He left and figured Cade would be right behind him. But he hasn't heard from him." Caitlin answered. "Oh wow." I said. We both were quiet for a little.

"Well, I guess I better go. I have to call Erik back. He left me about a million texts and calls." I said, laughing. "Yeah. He called me too to see if I heard from you." She said. "Yeah." I said. We then hung up and I called Erik. I got ready to lie again.

"Mandi!" He yelled, "Where were you?" "I'm sorry. I was sick all day and slept most of the day in between bathroom runs." I said. "Ewwww." Said Erik, but I could hear the humor in his voice. "I know, I know... T.M.I. But you asked." I said. He laughed. "I did." He said, "So since you were sick, I guess you haven't heard about Cade?" "Well I just hung up with Caitlin. She told me. I can't believe he's missing." I said. "I know. It's strange." He said. "Does anyone know anything?" I asked. "No. Just that Sam saw him last and his car is still at the park with his cell phone and wallet." Erik answered. "Oh wow." I said. 

I suddenly gasped. "What? Are you ok?" He asked, concerned. "Um... yea. Just need to run to the bathroom. I'll call you later or just talk to you in school." I said. "Oh ok. Feel better." He said. "Thanks." I said. We then hung up. I didn't really have to go, I just remembered...I never fed Cade. I only gave him water. This was not good, especially with me not going to be there for a week or so. I gotta go back and give him some food. But how will he eat? I can't untie both hands, but if I untie one, he can untie himself and I can't have that. What to do, what to do?

Then I realized I had another problem. The bathroom. How would he go? Obviously he will have to. He can't go in his pants. That would be highly unsanitary. Well I didn't really think my plan through.

I've got to get food to Cade, but I can't take food from here, my mom would notice. So I grabbed some money and headed to the store. I got a bag of pretzels, a bag of BBQ chips, a bag of sour cream and onion chips, some little Debbie cakes, a box of Rice Krispy treats and some bottles of water. I realized I got all junk food, but these will keep the longest. I ordered a personal pizza on the way. I picked it up and drove back to the cabin. 

As quietly as I could, I crept downstairs. I stuck the needle in Cade's neck and knocked him out. I couldn't have him smelling the pizza or hear what I was doing. I took the bags of food and put them on the little dresser in the bathroom down here in the basement. The water I sat next to it. Then the box of pizza I sat next to the food. He can look in the bags and get out what he wants when he wakes up. 

Once everything was in the bathroom, I quickly untied Cade and dragged him into the bathroom and laid him on the floor. I didn't have to worry about escaping, because there were no windows in here. And the door, well when he was in, I put the chair under the handle so he wouldn't be able to get the door open. Also as an extra precaution, I pushed the tall and heavy 5 drawer tool box in front of the door too next to the chair.

'There.' I said, 'Cade is set.' I headed upstairs. 'He has food, water, and can use the bathroom and free to move about. I just got to be careful when I come back that he doesn't escape. But I'll leave it dark and get the jump on him. 

I drove back home and got ready for bed.