Shall We Test That? (Loki/Thor x reader)

Comenzar desde el principio

Thor's cheerful disposition faded just as quickly as it had appeared, and he stormed forward towards your cell, the heavy stomp of his feet enough to shake the glass wall that served to separate you both. You always knew that his bark was far worse than his bite, yet the slam of his fists against the barrier between you still took you aback a step. "Enough of this, (Y/N)! Stop playing to his will! Tell me his plans and I will keep you safe, I promise you. He has no control over you, and I will be sure that he never does."

"You say that as if I'm acting without choice, Thor. As if I am incapable of choosing my own path. Think you so little of me?"

"You know that I hold you in the highest regard. I always have, and I still believe in you to do what's right." He stood steady, his body so close to the glass that it nearly connected, just so that he could be next to you and so that he could command your attention. He wasn't trying to be overpowering, but it was something that he couldn't avoid as a man of his stature. He knew that it didn't intimidate you in the least, but he held out a little hope that it would at least make his point.

"I'm sorry that I've grown to be such a disappointment," you whispered, "but you should consider that your judgment of character is askew."

"Never," he answered, equally as softly in both tone and expression, "not with you."

"Thor, we need you in the lab," Nick's voice boomed across the room, "Romanoff got Loki to crack."

"Last chance, (Y/N)," he offered one more time, "make your choice before you stand on the wrong side where I cannot reach you."

"My choice was made long ago, old friend." When he turned to leave, the disappointment in you palpable as he walked away with hunched shoulders and a defeated shuffle of his feet, you felt the smallest pangs of guilt, but they weren't enough to sway your commitment. "Do not worry about me, Thor. Your precious little humans will need you far more than I."

~~~

It was only a matter of minutes after Thor left that the helicarrier began to shudder and alarms blared overhead; Barton must have finally arrived and the plan was underway. All you had to do now was to wait patiently for Loki to retrieve you, but patience was hardly a virtue that you held in the moment. You had yet to be able to connect to Loki since Thor had locked you away in this cell, realizing that there must be something within the walls that was keeping you from him. You wouldn't believe that it could be that he hadn't been trying to reach you as well, which had your intuition confirmed when the door to the room opened with loud yells that were quickly silenced by the man on the other side.

"(Y/N)?"

"Agent Barton," you nodded in confirmation.

He raised his bow hastily, though it did nothing to challenge his accuracy; with a quick draw back, he released an arrow that pierced the controls of your cell, allowing the door to open to your freedom. "This way," he commanded, not waiting to be sure that you were following. Barton led you into the hallway, taking you a few feet from your door only to stop abruptly with a point of his hand before running to his next target; it shocked you to see how close that Loki had been to you this entire time. "In there."

You had barely set one foot inside the doorway when you were greeted by Loki's arms around you, pulling you to him as if he hadn't seen you in years. "Are you alright? Did they harm you?"

"No, darling, I'm well. Tell me what you need of me."

"We need to get Thor into that cage," he set you down gently and turned, pointing to the glass cell that he had just escaped. "I want you to lure him in."

"Easy," you shrugged, "leave it to me."

"That's my love," he smiled, leaning in for a kiss, but before he could connect, the ship shook again under your feet. He straightened and looked past you towards the door, sensing that his plan was about to see its greatest moment yet. "Places, my dear. Stand ready by the controls and keep guard there. Once we have him in the cage, release it."