Is This Yours? (Thor x reader)

The flight in from your latest mission took forever, and by the time the team had arrived at the tower it was the beginning of early morning. Thor had been sitting next to you on the jet for the entire 12-hour flight, not saying anything about your snoring as you laid against his shoulder for three of them, or when you fell over across his lap to sleep for another four. He knew that you were both physically and mentally exhausted, and he wasn't about to wake you for fear of your reaction and the danger than could ensue. He wasn't about to incite that kind of anger; not again and not for much, much longer, if ever at all.

"Steve, if you could..." he whispered, seeking help with moving you but not waking you as the team began to disembark from the jet. Steve slowly slid his hands under you and lifted you to him, but then stood in place, looking at Thor expectantly.

"Where am I going?"

"Let us put her on the couch for now. I would feel uncomfortable entering her living quarters without her permission."

After resting you on the couch, satisfied that he had done so without waking you, Steve left to unpack the gear and to make his way to his own room for what was left of the night. Thor had decided to stay with you so that you didn't wake up alone and not knowing how you had gotten there.

"Hey, man," Clint called to him as quietly as he could while still being heard, "I'm gonna throw together some breakfast, now that the sun is about to come up. You want anything?"

"Perhaps the usual. I think that I will just try to sleep some here until she wakes." Thor looked around the room for what might be the most comfortable place to rest, but given his large stature and broad build, nothing really looked to be appealing. Finally resolving himself to sleep on the floor next to you, he grabbed a few cushions from one of the other couches and made a makeshift bed with a light blanket that you had lying around for cuddling during movie nights.

"Head's up, Thunderboy!" Clint peeked his head from the kitchen and tossed a foil packet to Thor, who caught it as it was heading directly to land on your head, remembering that the only time Barton's aim was a little shaky was when he was hungry. He gingerly tore away the foil, shoving the first chocolate pastry into his mouth and finishing it within mere seconds. Grabbing the second treat, he held it in his mouth while arranging the blanket to lie down and cover himself, not realizing that he was leaving a trail of crumbs with every movement, some of them directly over you.

When he was finally ready, he all but dropped himself down onto the floor with a loud grunt, forgetting that he was trying to not wake you. Just as his head reached the pillow, a loud voice boomed across the room, coupled with the sounds of traffic and music attacking his senses. Without skipping a beat, he grabbed Mjolnir and threw it at the offending sound, completely surprised and immediately thrust into a protective stance next to you.

The sounds of breaking glass and furniture echoed throughout the room, followed by a high-pitched scream that sounded nothing like the archer that was next door. The shock bolted you from your sleep, shaking your head and groaning at the large pieces of chocolate pop tart falling from your hair. "Thor, seriously? Did you throw crumbs everywhere or just sprinkle them over my hair specifically?"

"I think I need to go to the emergency room," Clint groaned, stumbling out towards you with his hand held tightly against his chest with a twisted expression filled with pain. "That damn hammer crushed my fingers. I hope you know how to shoot, Thor, because Cap's gonna be pissed." He paused for a moment, seeing you picking what seemed like an entire pop tart from your hair, five broken windows, three lamps, one of Tony's antique coffee tables, and what was left of Steve's phone on top of it. "Should I even ask?"

The television was still on, as Thor had completely missed his intended target in his surprise. "I believe I may have sat upon the remote control device, thereby turning on the television when I was not expecting it. I see now that I may have overreacted."

"You may have overreacted?" Clint snapped, holding up his moderately deformed hand, now swelling to almost twice its size and turning a dark shade of purple. "What was your first clue, genius?"

Thor too looked around the room at the damage, growing concerned at the reaction that Tony would surely give him for destroying a part of his house. "My first clue? I believe it was when you squealed loudly and not unlike the children who meet Steve at the hospital each week. It was quite impressive."