Friends (Barnes/Avengers x reader)

If you're a fan of FRIENDS, then you'll noticed the borrowed lines...

"(Y/N), you're staring again," Sam smirked, nudging you with his elbow. "I think he might notice if this gets much worse."

"Mmm hmm."

"I mean, I get it. Barnes is definitely sexy. And with that arm...my god, he's totally worth completely ignoring your best friend."

"Mmm hmm," you murmured again, your eyes still fixed on your target of Bucky and Steve sparring on the far side of the gym. You were supposed to be doing the same with Sam but the distraction had taken your focus early, leaving your friend standing alone with a look of amusement rather than the frustration he should have been feeling.

"Ya know what, I'll just do us all a favor and tell the guy that you've got the hots so we can finally get a little work done."

"Mmm hmm...wait! No!" You were jolted from your trance when he crossed into your path and his words finally sunk in; if anyone would follow through on that kind of threat it would be Sam. "Wilson, get back here!"

"Oh, now I've got your attention," he laughed, "now that pretty boy over there might actually find out what's been going on in that head of yours for months now. Maybe if you'd get off your ass and just talk to the guy, some of those thoughts rattling around up there might come true."

"If you say one word to Bucky, I'll murder you in the most violent way you could imagine. Then, I'll take your cold and lifeless corpse to the roof of the tower, cover it in birdseed, and hang it over the side to let your winged brotherhood pick away until there's nothing left but your bones. I'll take those to the pound, where I'm sure there are plenty of dogs who would just love to chew out some of that pent up aggression of a caged animal."

"Son of a bitch," Sam replied quietly with his eyes filled with horror as he backed away slowly, "you're terrifying."

"So we have an understanding then?"

"Yes, ma'am. Understood."

~~~

A few hours later you had decided that you had a little pent up aggression of your own, no thanks to Sam, but more so from your feelings about Bucky and how you were too afraid to say anything to him. You hadn't known him for very long, but it was definitely long enough to know that you were in a pretty serious crush and he had easily become the only thing you could concentrate on if he was anywhere near you, which was more often than not given the confines of the tower.

Natasha had shown you a small ballet studio when you had moved in, once she had realized that you used dancing as a stress reliever much as she had. Tony knew about her skill when he built the tower, but she found that it gave her too many memories of the red room and hadn't used it since those first few days. She was one of only three people who knew about it, and you wanted to keep it that way so you had time to yourself when you really needed it. Today, however, you would learn that it was four.

Bucky stood in silence for over an hour, watching from the door as you moved to each rhythm, duking down if he saw your eyes shift towards his direction at all. He marveled at the ease with which your body moved and the the effortless twists and contortions as the music changed; you moved with fluidity from ballet to jazz, to hip-hop and back to ballet, then to a music he could only think to call 'Tony's kind of noise' and back to ballet before something caught his heart and he couldn't stop himself from pushing the door open.

You stopped when you saw his reflection in the mirror, spinning towards him with wide eyes and about to speak when he raised a hand to talk first.

"Keep going," he said quietly, taking even steps towards you, "please."