Hey, Bartender (Rogers/Barnes x reader)

A little bit of language

"I don't know, Steve, this place looks a little shady," Bucky grimaced, taking a quick look around the bar, having to squint in the darkness despite his enhanced abilities.  There was a heavy haze in the air, a combined stench of old smoke, cheap cologne, and spilled alcohol stinging at his throat with a biting dryness that had him ready to leave before even taking his seat.  A deep groan escaped his throat when Steve clearly ignored his input and dropped onto the bar stool, leaving Bucky no choice but to join him.  "This place is nasty," he continued, grabbing a napkin to wipe the cushion before sitting, "I have no idea why you keep coming in here."

"They have the only bartender in town who gets my drink right every time," Steve smirked, watching you approach.  "Hi, (Y/N)," Steve greeted you enthusiastically, "how's business tonight?"

"Hey, Cap," you smiled back, "busy as ever.  What can I get ya?"

"Usual."

"Hey, I've gotta ask.  One of these times you might surprise me."  You took a step back and turned to Bucky, noticing that he was taking very clear care to not touch the bar and looked just generally uncomfortable.  Sliding the towel that was slung casually over your shoulder into your hand, you took a quick wipe over the scratched and weathered surface and tossed the cloth aside.  "There, I think it's safe now," you offered smugly.  "And what's your name, hot stuff?"

Bucky took advantage of the newly cleaned surface, leaning his elbows against it to lean in as close to you as he could get, finding himself quickly enamored and lost in the color of your eyes that suddenly became his new favorite.  "I'm Bucky."

"Ah, so you're the one that Steve can't shut up about!  We finally meet!"

"Is that right?" he laughed aloud, nudging Steve with his elbow, getting a cold glare in return.

"No, it's not!  I may have mentioned you once or twice, but I can definitely shut up.  Come on, doll," Steve turned back to you with a low whisper and a dark stare, "are you trying to get me in trouble here or what?"

"Wouldn't think of it," you gasped, holding your hand to your heart in mock offense, "you're my favorite customer, Cap!  I can't afford to lose you!"

"Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick," Bucky groaned with a very obvious eye roll that he made sure you both saw very clearly.  "So, okay, what gives?  What's this miraculous drink that only you can seem to make out of any other bar in Brooklyn?  Sounds like I've gotta give it a go."

"Oh, it's nothing, believe me," you smirked, turning away with a chuckle, reaching into one of the coolers beneath the bar.  You produced two dark beer bottles, popped the top from each with your bare hands, which you made sure that they saw, and set one in front of each man with a satisfied nod.  "Enjoy, gentlemen.  I've got to get back to my other customers, so you just give me a holler if you need me for anything."

"I'm sure he will," Bucky mumbled, bringing the bottle to his lips readily while he watched your every move as you walked away.  "It's a beer, Steve."

"Yeah, and she gets it right every time."

"You're a goddamn idiot."

"What?"

"Just tell the dame that you've got the hots and get her number.  You've been hard up long enough.  Get in there and put the rest of us out of your misery."

"No, Buck, it's not like that at all," Steve argued, though the way his eyes followed you had been telling another story, "I come here to keep an eye on her.  I don't like that she works here, and I just want to make sure that she gets home safe every night after her shift."