Not My Specialty (dad!Tony x reader)

"Okay, sweetheart, just don't get that baby goo on the leather, okay? It's imported." Tony said as gently but firmly as he could, keeping a tight hold on your hand while helping you into the passenger seat of his car. He wanted to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital once your contractions started, but you insisted that you had time for him to take you, much to his dismay. As a first-time grandpa, he was almost as nervous as you were and he wasn't exactly secure on his driving ability at the moment.

"Really, Dad? You're worried about the leather?"

"No, not really," he conceded, "I don't know why I said that, I'm sorry." Once you were securely in, he closed the door gently and hurried around the back of the car and to the driver's side, dropping himself into the seat with a loud groan. He turned to look at you again, his concern building as he watched you push back into the seat when another wave hit, your breathing quickening until you could get control and he felt safe to move. His hands gripped the steering wheel, but when he looked down at them, the shaking was enough to move it under his hold. "FRIDAY, I think I'm gonna let you drive," he nodded definitively, "yeah, I think that's best."

"Yes, boss."

"Give Steve a call while we're at it."

The car started under FRIDAY's command, setting into motion as the two of you listened to the repetitively annoying ring of Steve's phone, waiting for him to answer. He had left for a mission only two days before and was supposed to return home tomorrow, but clearly, your son had other plans than to wait until his due date next week. When the Captain finally answered, he was out of breath and you could hear fighting in the background; Tony had agreed that he would call only if there was a problem, so having him answer while in the midst of battle wasn't a shock. "Stark? What's going on?"

"Your wife's in labor and I'm not you."

"She is?" he gasped, followed by the familiar clang of his shield against whomever had the misfortune of connecting with it. "How far apart are the contractions? Has her water broken yet?"

"Five...minutes..." you panted, "and not yet...oh, wait..." you stopped, shifting uncomfortably in the seat with a grimace and a look of disgust when Tony hung his head heavily in understanding. "Sorry, Dad."

"It's okay," he sighed, "don't worry about it at all. I'll just get a new one."

"A new seat?"

"A new car."

~~~

Once arriving at the hospital in what had to be a record time, thanks to FRIDAY, a few of your teammates joined you and Tony for support, none more welcome than Wanda when your dad had to excuse himself for some of the more unsightly procedures that you had to undergo. Steve was on his way in, but he was on the other side of the world and the quinjet could move only so fast. From minute to minute, things were progressing and it looked like your son would arrive without his dad being there to see it.

"Okay, (Y/N), we've got you all covered up, so I'll grab Tony," Wanda smiled, stopping to rest her hand over you with a warm red glow emanating from it, easing your tension and relaxing your muscles for a few glorious minutes between contractions. "Does that help?"

"Don't ever leave me, Wanda," you mumbled sleepily. "That's better than anything they've given me so far."

"Let me just get your dad and I'll be back. I'll see if anyone's heard from Steve too."

"Mmm kay." You closed your eyes for only a minute, or you thought it was only a minute; when you opened them again, you saw Tony sitting in a recliner at your side, snoring softly with his hand holding yours tightly despite his slumber. You weren't sure if it was the medications being pumped into your veins or if it was the help from Wanda that allowed you this time to rest, but it didn't matter; you woke with a renewed sense of energy that you hadn't expected.