3. We Don't Have To Dance 》Candy

Angela's POV:

I fixed my hair in the mirror and smiled a little to myself. I couldn't wait for tonight to start. Prom was going to be, how would I put it?, lit as fuck this year. Even though I hadn't been asked to go formally, I was destined to make it the best night of my life.

"Ang, your friends are here!" My step dad called out from the living room. I looked myself over once more, smoothing out the small wrinkles in my dress before heading down the stairs.

"Dude, you look hot. I guess all the guys were too scared by your beauty to ask you out." Jenny giggled and hugged me. I just rolled my eye and hugged back, smiling as my mom took a picture of us.

I made sure that we had plenty of time to take pictures before we actually had to leave, since I knew my parents and pretty much everyone else in the world would wanna take pictures. I mean, I got it though so it wasn't that big of a pain. Who wouldn't want to remember this prom, possibly the finest of proms?

"Okay, we really have got to get going now." I laughed and grabbed my house keys, shoving them in my jacket. "I'll be home as soon as possible. Bye guys!" I hugged my family and hopped in my car, All Time Low coming through the speakers. If that wasn't enough of a sign that tonight was gonna be good, I don't know what would have been.

It didn't take too long to get to the school, probably twenty minutes at least. There were people gathered all around their cars, making sure that they still looked perfectly perfect when we pulled in. A few girls were still sitting in the car, fixing their makeup and staring at a group of guys, giggling and blushing whenever one of them looked over. It wasn't too much of a shocker to see the "Goths" were here too. I mean, it was prom after all.

I killed the engine and got out of the car, adjusting everything once more. Jenny grabbed my jacket and gave me a thumbs up, before linking her arms with mine and Sarah's. "Lets go kill this shit girls." She flipped her hair dramatically and dragged s inside, pushing past everyone that was crowding the pathway. "The queens have arrived!" We all giggled and found an empty spot on the bleachers.

I took a quick glance around the gym, taking in al of the paper streamers and moons hanging from the rafters. There were glo-in the dark planets on the walls next to some posters talking about the end of the year. People were already crowding around the drinks table, shoveling their mouths before going off to dance with their dates. I would have done the same, but I had already ate before I'd left. I mean, there was always room for snacks.

We sat on the bleachers, talking about whatever had come to mind. It was pretty nice actually. We haven't really had time to just hang out and talk about whatever shit came to our head since we all so busy with finials and getting ready for the end of year.

"Look who's checking you out." Sarah pointed towards the other side of the gym a smirk plastered all over her face. I followed her finger to where Cody was standing, looking like he didn't want to really be here.

I rolled my eyes and playfully swatted her hand away from my face. "Is not! He's just looking around the room, besides he's probably just waiting for his girlfriend to get out of the bathroom or something." I mean, he didn't seem to be the type of person that would go to these things alone unless his friends dragged him along afterall.

Jenny and Sarah just exchanged looks and shook their heads. There was no way in hell that they were gonna convince me that Cody was checking me out. They wouldn't have been able to convince me that anyone was checking me out to be honest.

Once it seemed like everyone had finally gotten into the gym, the principal went over the rules. No sneaking booze in the punch, no smoking, no sex, if did sex it up you had to make sure you used safety, don't drive drunk. The whole spill teachers give at this time of year, nothing too different.

The first song the DJ played was What's My Age Again, and I could swear I felt the punk-rock-not-so-rebel kid in me return. Jenny, Sarah, and I all exchanged a glance that said something like 'Holy shit, we've gotta dance.'

And we sure as hell did. I could have sworn by the end of just that song, I had sweat off all my makeup.i was really jammin' out. It didn't help that for about half of the night they played nothing but songs I could get the fuck down to.

I sat down on the bleachers, trying to catch my breath from all of the jumping around we had just done. The only time I really danced like that was at concerts. It felt a little strange that I was acting that way while technically still at school, but enough to make me stop. I wasn't gonna stop dancing, especially if Sugar, We're Goin Down Swingin came on.

The DJ had stepped back up to where he was before and stopped the current song that was on, earning a few groans of disappointment. "Alright, we're halfway through and haven't had the first slow song yet. What say we do that now, huh? Grab your sweetie-pie or whoever you brought and slow dance your heart out. This is, The Night We Met pals."

I sighed and fixed my hair again. I'd do more adjusting of my hair and make-up than I'd ever done in my life before. Jenny poked my side and pointed across the gym.

"Dude, Maxx is totally walking this way! Think he's gonna ask you to dance?" I just shook my head and smoothed the wrinkles out from my dress.

Before I could even get a chance to say that was probably just passing by to get a drink, or asking one of them to dance, he sat down next to me. There were plenty of other spaces open for him to sit at, not that I minded though. He was a good person, and I did enjoy hearing about how his cat, Pistol, was doing.

"So, I saw you out there dancing like nobody was watching. It was cute to say the least." He smiled at me and held up his drink, like you do when you're going to do a toast. "Cheers to acting like a goof!" Maxx chuckled and gave us a lopsided smile, causing us to chuckle as well.

Sarah reached around Jenny and flicked me in the head, staring at me as if she'd told me so. Of course they'd have to prove me wrong right now, it wouldn't be any fun if they hadn't.

Maxx set his drink down and stood up, holding his out to me. "Anyway, mind if I have this first slow dance? You can repay me by looking at pictures of Pistol later, deal?" I nodded and took his hand, ignoring the told ya bitch looks from Jenny and Sarah.

We only got about halfway through when Cody had tapped my shoulder. "Sorry to intrude, but mind if I take this dance?" Maxx just nodded and hugged me before walking back to where his drink was.

Cody and i danced together on the slow songs for the rest of the night. It was nice to say the least. It was more than nice actually, it felt like heaven.

"Dude, you should have seen his face when you and Maxx were dancing. He was so jealous!" Sarah all but excitedly screamed when I walked over to her.

"Was not! I saw him looking over once and that's just his normal face."

Zach seemingly appeared out of nowhere and shook his head. "Nope. I know Cody. And that was not his normal face. He was jealous as fuck."

I just shrugged and sat down. There's no way he'd be jealous over me dancing with someone else. Was there?

Dan sighed and sat down next to us. "That was his, 'Back the fuck off my bitch' face. And that is 1,000,000% his jealous face." Where the fuck did he come from?

I crossed my arms and glared playfully at them. No way I was gonna believe that. I probably wouldn't have believed Cody if he said it himself. I mean, I'd be like 0.1% more inclined to believe him but still!

"Even if he was, it still feels like my life is a fanfic right now."

They all just muttered out various versions of 'It probably is' and switched the topic. They all talked about what concerts they were gonna go to this summer. Actually, mostly just what they were gonna do during the summer.

We all ended up heading to Denny's after prom was over, still talking about summer plans. It felt so good to know that the school year was almost over and we were free to hangout whenever possible. I couldn't wait until then.

But for now, I have some fuckin pancakes to eat.

 ♤ Requests & Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें