13. Beautiful Things 》SIO

Riot's POV:

"Olay. You go get the taco stuff, I'll get the pizza stuff and the French fries." My twin said as we walked I to the Walmart. I giggled as Kota and I parted ways. Before I was going to get the food, I had to go to the video game, CD, and book section. I bolted with a smile on my face as I looked over the PS3 games. After skimming over them, I ran over to the Xbox games and grabbed an Assassins Creed. I didn't even look down to see which one it was. I just grabbed it and went for the next section.

I looked over the books they had displayed, but they didn't have any good ones so I skipped over that part. I turned to look at the CDs. As I turned, I bumped into someone and fell. I had a sudden headache. Placing my hand on my forehead, I looked up to see Cody Carson. He put a hand down to me, offering to help me stand. 'Gross! No! Why couldn't I have run I to Maxx or Dan. Why did it have to be Asshat?' "Uh, you gonna get up or just chill on the floor?" He asked as his hand dangled down in front of me.

"Oh! Um! Sorry I was lost in thought..." I took his hand as he pulled me up and smiled.

"Clumsy one are we?" He asked as he smirked. I made a face. I'm actually talking to Carson. I'm actually talking to him and not being mean! I had to get Kota over here. She'd love me forever. "Uh. You okay there? You keep staring at the floor and-"

I cut him off, "Yeah I'm fine. I was just getting a CD for my twin. It's for her birthday coming up."

Cody smiled down at me as he realized I grabbed a Set It Off CD. It was the only one she didn't have. "So, she's a fan of SIO huh?" I nodded. "I'm actually gonna call her down here if that's okay." He nodded with a face saying 'go for it' as I grabbed my phone.

"Babe! CD section! Get down here now!" After I hung up, Kota was beside me within two minutes with her hands balled into fists. She was ready to fight someone. "Okay who messed with you because I'm about to fucking kill someone." She said as she looked at me.

"Oh....uh. Kota." I turned her in front of me and put her right in front of Cody. She turned shy instantly.

"O-oh....OH." She said as she laughed a little. "Well um...hi Cody." She said as she looked at her old Converse shoes. Well, they were my shoes. We shared everything so it didn't really matter.

"Hey there," Cody chucked. I rolled my eyes as I took Kota's phone and went on her camera.

"Okay guys stand together." I smiled as they did. Not because we met Cody Carson on a normal shopping trip, but because when Kota smiled, I saw happiness in her features. And that made me happy. The fact that she got to meet one of her heroes. Cody put his hand around Kota's waist and pulled her to his side as I took the picture.

Cody's POV:

The girl named Riot made a face as she went to take a picture of me and Kota. What was her problem? After she took the picture, I let my hand linger around Kota's waist for a few seconds longer. 'I don't know what it is about her...she's just. She's amazing.' I was pulled out of my thoughts because Riot burst out into giggles as she looked down at her twins phone.

"Uh, babe? What you laughing at?" Kota asked as she walked over to Riot. I followed because I was curious. Hey! Not my fault I was nosy. Nearly dropping it, Riot turned the phone towards me and Kota as she laughed. She fell onto the floor as Kota took her phone and started laughing in sync of Riot.

Over my shoulder, Maxx was making his most derpy face he could possibly manage. His hands above my head with his fingers in weird positions while his face tried it's best to look serious, but mental at the same time if that made sense. I couldn't help but laugh at him too. I guess it was just part of being a band. You turn into more than a band. You turn into a family.

"I'm so a better dancer," Dan's voice could he heard as he and Zach approached us from the left. Here we go....again.

"Aha riiiight," Zach said as he shot a look at Dan. Dan raised an eyebrow as he glared at Zach.

"Okay, DeWall, dance off. Right in the middle of Walmart." I face palmed as they started dancing. Maxx ran over to me and shoved me out of the way just like he did the other day.

He started swaying his arms from left to right as he shouted, "Stop! Collaborate and listen!" Riot had finally gotten off the floor and Kota was trying not to start laughing again. "Well," I said. "This is uh....SIO....sorry you had to meet us this way."

Riot shook her head as she spoke, "It's fine Asshat. It's better to see the real you anyways instead of the calm laid back band."

I glared at Riot as she glared back as if daring me to say anything. Which I did. "What did you just call me?" She shrugged and crossed her arms as she held the Assassin's Creed game and our CD in her arms and close to her chest, hiding them from Kota.

"I didn't say anything, Carson. Anyways! Kota and I really gotta get home. It was nice meeting you guys!" Riot said as she thanked me. Kota gave me one last nervous hug. She seemed a little red faced as they walked away. And I could have sworn Riot was looking at Dan as they left...