Chapter 56- Back To Running

She clenched her fist until her nails dug into her skin. She couldn't stand to look at him. The doctors said they couldn't find out why it happened. It happened the same day he saved Eve. Maybe it was connected. Maybe it wasn't, but Eve couldn't help but feel as if it were her fault. Its not that she did something. She didn't do anything. You'd think they'd be rejoicing. but nothing was over. Questions were still in the area.

Hot tears rolled down her face, "Mr. Adam, at the times I need you you are always there. Now its my fault you can't help me. I need you. Please wake up!" She grabbed his hand. It felt warm but still. Eve heard the door click open, and Miss Phoenix walked in. Eve quickly wiped her tears away.

"We need to talk." The lady said flatly.

"Haven't we always needed to talk? I should have just told you about all this the day you felt something was wrong." Eve looked down to Mr. Adam.

"We can't fix the past Miss Saguaro. Plus we have to many matters with the government to grief. Do you know how many damages the base corp. has to pay for?" She grabbed a remote and turned the news on.

"Thank you Thomas for the weather. I'm Jenny Collins here with the update on the U.S.A crisis. States all across the country are recovering from this disgusting terrorist attack. Government officials tell us they have everything under control."

"I'm glad we live in Canada!" Another news reporter joked.

"In other news-" Phoenix turned it off.

"I've been pulling strings Eve. At this rate I'll have to erase some people. I thank your brother for giving me a few extra people to handle."

"You mean you are erasing their memories of this mess?"

"I mean its no big deal. I've done it plenty of times thanks to the internet. While we are in the topic of your brother, please sit down." Miss Phoenix rolled over a chair.

"The government and I agreed not to include anymore humans in this case. We need to keep our people like Bailee a secret."

"What does this have to do with David?" At the moment Eve said that, David walked in. He met Phoenix's eyes and knew instantly what conversation was going on. "Guys what's going on?" Eve questioned.

"Let me tell her. I agreed anyways." David gave Hula to Miss Phoenix.

Once she left the room David sighed, "Well I thought I was going to be the one who told you, but I guess you know now. Don't worry I still think of you as a sister."

"You knew?"

"I found you while I was riding my bike when I was three. Good thing mama took you in." he explained lightheartedly. He coughed, "I thought I should tell you now before I forget about you.."

"David what are you talking about?"

"Eve, sister, I'm not going to stay and help you. The government is sending me away since I know too much. They are going to erase everything I know about my life and I agreed to their terms if they let you continue your case."

"What no! David you can't just- I can't do this without you." Eve sobbed.

"You couldn't do it with me either. They'd close your case up for causing too much damage to the people. I'm doing this for you. I hope you understand."

"But you'll forget about me, and Hula, and Sara, and mama, and papa!" Eve yelled.

David smiled, "You can do this. You'll find them."

"No not without you!" Eve got up and ran. Like the beginning of the book, she ran. Instead of teachers yelling her name, David did. This time there was no where to go. No safe place. No hiding spot. No home. No friends. All she could do was run. And that is exactly what she did.

The one who promises
Must keep it
The one who gives pain
Must feel it
The one who loves
Must abuse it
The one who lets go
Must take it back
Accept the fate
And break the promise

End of Book One: Her Life Story