Running Away : Chapter 39

Taro's POV

When I'm able to see again, I notice I'm in a particularly dark room. I'm not tied up, but the room was small enough that if I stood straight and in the middle, I could easily touch all 4 walls.

Suddenly, a burst of light hits my eyes. I register a door opening, and a woman standing in the midst of it all.

"Hello!" she chirps.

"W-who are you?" I ask cautiously, still shielding my face.

"Me?" she asks, with a laugh. "I am Ryoba Aishi. Your 'kohai''s mother".

Ayano's POV

When I get home, I plop onto the couch. My stomach growls. Despite the tea and mochi shared with Taro, I'm still hungry. Begrudgingly, I got up and very slowly made my way to the kitchen. Too lazy to cook, I put water over the stove to boil to prepare my cup noodles.

Suddenly, the smell of curry hits my nose. It smelled just like my mother's special curry that I loved as a kid...

Suddenly, a glass dish catches my eye. The top is covered with aluminum foil. A paper note taped on top of it reads

Eat, my child!
~R

R? Ryoba? MOM?

I lift the foil and find a bed of rice covered in my mother's specialty- hearty Japanese curry. So she was back in town. Gratefully, I turn off the stove and grab a plate.

Then, a thought hits me.

My mother wanted me to be a YANDERE.

I GAVE UP ON BEING A YANDERE LAST YEAR!!!

My mother was gonna go all yandere on my ass!

I drop the plate in fear. My mother was going to actually MURDER me.

STOP, AYANO!!! Okay, THINK!!! How, HOW on Earth can you escape your crazy-ass mom?!

The one who KILLED to get dad?

The one who trained YOU to kill?

The one who will think you BETRAYED?!

Then, the thought hits me.

I should run away.

Running to my room, I grab all my money, some clothes, and 2 of my many knives, including a butterfly knife and a switchblade. Both sharpened to a point.

Then, I stuff them in the biggest backpack I had. I took my toothbrush, a cup, and looked around until I found my mother's gun.

"Is it a good idea to take this?" I thought to myself. I could get in big trouble for having this, but it meant my mother wouldn't have it in her possession...better safe then sorry! I stuffed the gun into my bag. Looking back at the curry, I quickly finish it (it was too good to leave behind). While I was eating, I thought of questions in my head.

Where would I go?

Who would I stay with?

Would mom find me?

Would I have to kill some more?

That question sent shivers down my spine. I didn't want to kill anyone anymore. I wanted a normal life!

After the curry, I ran out of my house to prevent myself from thinking this over. I decided to head over to Yui Rio's house because I knew she was the one who could protect me. Also, she lived alone, and she was the one I was closest to.

I remembered her address from the time me and the butterflies went to her house. So, I went and knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" Yui asked.

"Me, Aya. I need your help" I say pleadingly. A second later, the door clicks open.

"What is it?" she asks, a look of concern in her eyes. Since we both had someone important die, we kinda bonded over it. Weird, I know, but at the same time, it was nice knowing someone would look over me.

"Well...er...it's a long story" I say

"Come in and tell me all about it" Yui said with a comforting smile. I return it gratefully. Although people viewed Yui as evil and mean, under the surface, she truly was a caring person. That was one of the reasons I would consider her as my closest friend from the social butterflies.

"Yui...I'm in danger" I say the second I step into her red-themed house. Immediately, her facial expression tenses up, and she slams the door shut behind me.

"What?! From who? Is it the school murderer? Is it-" she blurts out, but I cut her off.

"No, it isn't"

"Then WHO?" she says curiously.

"My mother"

OK I'M REALLY SORRY FOR NOT HAVING THIS UP EARLIER.

I WROTE IT AND I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED IT BUT I DIDN'T 😭😭😭

SO THIS HAS JUST BEEN SITTING HERE FOR LIKE A WEEK AND I FOUND IT JUST RIGHT NOW AND I'M SORRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY 😡

ANYWAYS, HOPE YOU ENJOYED

~Allie✨