SATOSHIIII! <3 : Part 8

Ayano's POV
I was having the worst week ever. First, Haruto dies, then Mei Mio dies, and now, going to school was really scary!

...GREAT! Now some animal was tapping on my window. Ugggh, it's 6:00, 30 minutes until I have to wake up! But of course, the tapping doesn't stop. I have to get up and chase it away! I open my window.

"Ughhh, shoo sho- SATOSHI!!!" I exclaim. Satoshi Saro was my best friend when we were little! I missed him so much! Ha, he came in the way he used to- through my bedroom window. He came in and hugged me, and I didn't hesitate to return that hug.

"Hey Aya! I've missed you!" He says warmly. I missed this. I missed HIM!

"Hey Sato! I've missed you too!" I reply. I hope he doesn't notice my slight shaking composure. I haven't been able to calm myself down. Poor Mei... But of course, nothing goes past Satoshi.

"Aya-chan, why are you shaking? What happened?" Satoshi asks. Sato has always tried to be a hero, fixing wrongs. He wanted to help me 'escape' from my house when I was 10. But honestly, I hadn't wanted to leave. I knew my house would always be safe. Sato tried, but failed to convince me to leave. He agreed to my choice however, and just visited me from then on.

I still remember how we met...

FLASHBACK!!!

Ayano was sitting by her window on her white spinny-chair, reading a book at night-time. She'd already read the book like 50 times, but it was all she could do. Her parents were out, and she wasn't allowed to leave her room until they came back! She thought it was stupid, but whatever. To make things worse, her bedroom light had burned out, so she had no light. She had to sit near the one window in her room. At least there was a street lamp near her window...

Suddenly, there was a heavy thud near her window. Ayano gasped and looked out. There was a boy that had fallen out of the tree that stood outside of her window! Had the boy been stalking her?

Satoshi's POV

I'd been watching a girl from the tree near her window for almost the whole day. She was just so stunningly beautiful! After a few hours, I decided to go home. Unfortunately, the branch under me decided to break when I tried to move. I came crashing down, and I knew she saw me.

OH CRUD!!!

I tried immediately getting up, but she opened the window and climes out to help me

I tried immediately getting up, but she opened the window and climes out to help me. She was prettier in close-up view! I tried to stop blushing.

"Hey! Are you okay?" she said, concerned. She was...worried?

"Heh heh...yeah, I'm fine" I say, trying to act casual. I was failing to, however. Plus, I'm pretty sure the streetlight was illuminating my blushing and making it worse!

"That's great! Uhm...but why were you in that tree?" she asks. Ohhhhhh dam.... How do I say this?

"Uhhh I was climbing it! For fun!" I say. Yes, Satoshi! That sounds reasonable! GREAT!!!

 Yes, Satoshi! That sounds reasonable! GREAT!!!

"Uhh...this tree is so small. Plus it's my mom's lemon tree... she's going to be so mad that a whole branch broke!" she says sadly (A/N : References left and right ;]). Why didn't you climb that one?" she says, pointing to a full grown oak tree across the road. I can tell she's pissed.

"I'm so sorry! Um...what's your name?" I ask. I know I'm pushing the limit, but I just wanted to get to know her before she shunned me for life.

"My name? You want to know my name? Why do you want to know my name? Who told you to ask about my name?", she says defensively. It occurs to me that despite being beautiful, she might not have any friends. Maybe she's socially awkward?

"Umm...where is your mom? Maybe I can fix it before she sees?" I think out loud. For some reason, this makes her sad ;[.

"My mom? Oh, she's out..again. She hasn't been here most of my life. She usually pens me up in my room and gives me food. She says I should be thankful I have a room, since she didn't want to give me one. I wonder if the rest of my house looks nice...Sometimes she'll be nice and let me sit in the living room with her and dad. Most of my life has happened in this room, though". she says, going in. I step inside w/her. The room is blindingly white. There's a small white bed in the corner, with a wooden bookshelf in the middle with a TV on top. There's also a computer with her white chair and a clothes drawer. The carpet and wallpaper are white.

"Is your mom...abusive?" I ask cautiously.

"No! No! Absolutely not! In fact, she says I can leave my room when I turn 14! That's only in 2 years! I'll be able to explore and go out and...talk! I'll be a social butterfly! I'll be popular! I'll find a boyfriend who loves me! My life starts when I'm 14!" she says, excited. Was she serious? She's never been out?

"So our encounter outside was your...first time outside?" I ask

"Yep! It was exciting! I never knew the outside was so...beautiful :3" she says."Now, could you please go home? If mother sees I have company, she won't let me go out until I'm 18!" she says.

That was incredibly sad. But I wanted to help her, so I left.
The next day, I visited again.
That's basically how we became best friends.