Chapter Fourteen - At the Burrow

"Come after me, alright?"

"I know how Floo Powder works, Ron," Hermione said exasperatedly.

The Trio, along with Fred and George were heading to the Burrow for Christmas, using the Headmaster's office's fireplace to get through Floo Powder.

"Do not get the ash on the carpet, boys," McGonagall had said, before leaving the Headmaster's office in the care of the Twins and the Trio.

Fred and George had immediately started rummaging around the office, probably to find something useful for running the Wheezes.

"How are you running the Wheezes anyway?" Harry had asked, before getting into the fireplace.

"We are big-shots now, we have assistants working for us," George had replied proudly. "We check on it every holiday though, so till now, we've checked it about zero times." George frowned.

"Wow, I'm thrilled to see how you've renovated it after the Battle," Ginny had said excitedly. Now, she was on the other side of the fireplace, in the Burrow, along with Harry.

"Fred," Hermione called out urgently. "We have to go now."

"In a minute," George replied, as he went through several cupboards.

"George!" Fred yelled from a distant corner. "Here it is!"

George scuttled over to Fred and picked up something from a cupboard that looked like a cigarette lighter. It was the Deluminator. Hermione rolled her eyes, and Ron chuckled loudly before getting into the fireplace. Robbing the Headmaster's office was quite an amusement.

Suddenly, a loud crack in the air startled Hermione excessively. She looked around, and didn't see anything explode, or see any change in the surrounding. She looked downwards, and saw Winky the house elf standing with a bottle of Rosemerta's finest Oak matured mead.

Fred took it from Winky's hand and thanked her, as she disappeared to the kitchen. He rushed over to the desk near the fireplace, took a blank piece of parchment and wrote on it: Merry Christmas, Professor McGonagall. We left you a little Christmas gift here, so we are taking one as well. Cheers.

Your most obedient students,
Gred and Forge.

"Fred and George!" Hermione reprimanded. "Have some decency."

They looked at her, then looked at each other simultaneously and started laughing.

"You're rubbing off on her, eh Fred?" George chuckled. "She's started joking now! Us and decency?"

"Well, we are pretty decent," Fred said in mock reasoning. "We stole an article from here and left a different stolen article in its place."

Hermione rolled her eyes and stepped into the fireplace.
_________________________

As soon as her feet hit solid ground, she was about to stumble and fall over, but she did not. Instead, she was taken into a bone-crushing hug by none other than Ron's mother, Molly Weasley.

"Look at you, Hermione! All tall and dressed up! You look wonderful, dear. I heard about Fred and you, isn't that lovely, dear? I got it in letter from Harry and I thought it most unlikely, but I received three different letters bearing the same kind of news, and I thought it must be true! If I haven't already said it before, congratulations! Well, to be frank, I wasn't too worried about George because he'd gotten all sorts of right with Angelina on his tail all the time - "

Hermione heard a scoff behind Mrs. Weasley, and she too thought that George coming to be 'all sorts of right' was an unlikely event. She could hear George silently laughing from behind her. Molly Weasley continued, ignoring the scoff.