Chapter One - At Hogwarts Again

"Boys!" snapped Hermione, as Fred and George Weasley sent another load of firecrackers in the Gryffindor common room.

This time the crackers said, 'Hermon, loosen your corset and have a drink!'

Ron and Harry guffawed as they saw the crackers explode right in front of Hermione's face. Hermione looked at them tartly and they rushed to stifle their giggles. She suddenly looked dazed as she was being lowered into a pouf by Ginny Weasley.

"The crackers did well, eh?" asked George.

"If we may have worked on a good spelling, we could've pulled it off. But it was for you, Hermione," Fred said, winking. Everyone started laughing.

Hermione suddenly snapped out of her daze became red-faced. She stood up. "I'm not the person giving their N.E.W.Ts this year!" she yelled and marched away to the girl's dormitory. Angelina looked at George crossly. George nudged Fred in turn.

"Eh, Ginny?" asked Fred, turning to her.

Ginny looked at her brother with wide eyes, tired of doing the same thing every time.

"Not this time, Fred. Why do I always have to apologise when it's you who does everything?"

"She's your best friend," Harry called out. Ginny gave a perfect glare which resembled that of Professor McGonagall, their Housemaster and Headmaster.

"It mustn't be that difficult," Ron reasoned from the fireplace. But Ron doubted his own statement. He knew Hermione from seven years and her listening was a rare possibility.

"You go then. If you come back unharmed, I'll do it the next time onwards," Ginny said to Ron icily. She turned to Fred.

"Freddie, I'm not going! As much as I love you, and you, George, I'm not jumping in the fire this time. George, come on, why can't you go?"

"Because that's a girl dormitory, you blind-eyed moron," George said apprehensively.

"And as we are not the girls that you are, you'll have to go." Fred completed.

"Never noticed," Ginny muttered, unmoved.

"You'll get toffees - " Fred added.

"And honeysuckles - "

"Oh, and the Hogwarts toilet seat we promised you seven years ago." Fred finished with a triumphant look.
Alicia and Angelina came up to Fred and George and stared at them.

"Ginny, off you go!"

Ginny stared at Fred.

"Because  if I go, she will 'take my eye out.'" Fred said the last four words impersonating Hermione, and the common room burst into laughter again. Even Alicia and Angelina burst out laughing at the perfect impersonation of Hermione Granger.

"Fine, I'll go," Ginny said lazily and walked away to the girl's dormitory.

"Hermione is never going to forgive you this time," Harry called out from the corner of the room.

"Well, she'll probably and finally hex you."

"Weasley charm will do well," George said and winked at Angelina. Angelina smiled back.

"Or, we always have our Dark stuff from Wheezes." Fred added mischievously.

Harry knew that they didn't actually mean 'Dark' by dark stuff, nevertheless he grimaced at the simile of the term. They had just gotten rid of many Dark things lately. As much as he liked the Weasley Twins, he couldn't be as relaxed as them when it came to jokes about the Battle and anything related to it. True, they were back at Hogwarts and he loved his school as much as the next Wizard, but he still was a seventeen-year-kid when he had gone through more difficult situations than a grown up wizard had gone through. He was a victim of war. He was just a child when he was a victim of the terrible war. He was not able to unlearn Constant Vigilance. Even when he was in his dormitory, he slept with the wand under his bed. It was only four months after the war and every headache was a sign of the Dark Lord returning to power. He still had dreams about Sirius Black disappearing in the pathway that led to nowhere. Lupin lying dead along with Tonks, separated by a mere hand distance. Their child was barely a year old. Cedric Diggory lying dead, right in his arms after the Avada Kedavra that ended his life right then and there without any warning. Moody's mutilated body rotting in the marshes where no one went anymore. What people went through after the profound loss hit people right in the heart. They were all in the war that would perhaps impact generations of witches and wizards to come.