Prologue: Battle of Hogwarts

Just as he entered the door of the Great Hall, George saw his replica with the same flaming-red and wild hair, crooked teeth and crooked smile, his other half lying on the floor with eyes half-closed and a shallow breathing. His knees gave away.

He dropped down to his knees. He could not believe it. It was his life, his soul, that was lying on the ground, dying with every passing second. But the body's eyes, those frantic eyes were still searching for something or someone, half-closed, yet surveying the wreckage of the demolished hall.
No, thought George, unable to believe his own eyes. Not Fred. I swear by Merlin, not Fred.

He got up quickly and ran toward the almost-lifeless body. Bill and Charlie Weasley were sitting in a corner, their faces expressionless, staring at Fred. His mother, Molly Weasley was crying her eyes out, looking from one identical twin to the other. Percy's lip was trembling as his tears came in small rivers. George looked at Percy and felt a tear go down his cheek. Even though it was not his favorite brother, it was his family. Percy gave Fred's hand a gentle rub and stood next to his mother to comfort her. Ginny Weasley was stroking Fred's hair crying silently, but telling him it was all going to be all right. On seeing George, she stepped back. Ron shook his head and stood next to his mother, leaving Fred to George alone. Harry was not to be seen.

"Fred," whispered George calmly. "Eyes on me, Fred. Remember all the promises you made. Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Zonko's theft. Dung bombs that fart, warts that sing 'Smelly Potter'. All the things that we said to each other and vouched to obey. Today is not your time, Fred. Not today. And also, you smell good," George added.

Fred smiled weakly, but couldn't do further. Tears started to stream down George's face. It was difficult to tell which one of the twins was crying harder.

"Fred," moaned George. "You can't leave me alone. We were born together, I can't see you go."

Fred shut his eyes for his final breath, when suddenly Hermione bent over him and poured something into his wounds and gashes. He suddenly felt a strong, painful sensation in his limbs and hands and felt like something was stitching up his skin in the quickest way possible. He felt relief and thought that he was passing into the void, going to heaven to meet Dumbledore and all the others that he missed so much....

"Levicorpus!" Hermione shouted and Fred was floating in the air.

"Hermione, run!" Ron screamed, as the second wall of Death Eaters was approaching. All the others including a floating body ran into an open door that turned out to be the Room of Requirement. Hermione muttered something that placed the floating body gently on one of the beds that were very much required.

Everyone was looking at Fred; Bill and Charlie smiling down at him, mouthing "You did it!" over and over again.

Hermione had a big smile slapped across her face. She kept saying "I knew it would work, I knew it!"

Ginny Weasley was laughing, that clear sound echoing down the Room of Requirement.

All the Potraits seemed to be crying silently, at the rescue of Fred.

Molly and Arthur were still crying, but those were the happy tears. Ron and Percy were smiling through dried tears and George was still crying, but with a goofy grin on his face, the grin that Fred admired so damn much. Fred tried to get up, but he couldn't. He simply grinned, which contrasted with the look on his haggard face. "You all look like you need a Butterbeer," he said and passed out.
__________________________
A/N:
Hey lovelies, welcome to this new adventure!
I hope you like this book further on, and I promise that I'll do my best to keep it interesting.
This is a Fremione story, so stay tuned for their relationship to unfold. Disclaimer: this is not just their love story as it focuses on other characters as well.
Also, vote & comment if you liked the start, and also read further because the story will keep you hooked, I swear.

Sending lots of love to everyone,
•HotChocolate20•
_________________________