Chapter Eight - Fred and Hermione

"You're a bad girl, Hermione!" Ginny said as Hermione finished her tale.
"Sneaking off with Fred like that, Ron's not going to like it," Ginny said and shook her head.

"Why is everyone so worked up about Ron?" Hermione asked.

"You still can't get it, can you? Never mind."

"No? I don't know then!" Hermione said, and hurried back to her dormitory.

She quickly composed letters to Harry, Neville and Luna and bewitched them to be sent to their respective people. She thought it was better not to send one to Ron. He might question a lot.
She pondered over Ron's not-liking-her-to-sneak-off issue and slept off.
_________________________
"Hermione, wake up! You're going to be late for Charms!"

Hermione opened her eyes slowly and felt a brush of red hair on her face.

"Ginny!" she spoke sleepily, but woke up all the same. "What time is it?"

"Time enough, come on now!"

Hermione and Ginny walked up to the Great Hall, where they saw Ron, Harry and Neville eating porridge.

"Good morning," Hermione said and smiled at them all.

"Yesterday night - " Neville started, but got kicked by Hermione under the table.

"No," she mouthed at him and Neville shook his head.

"Yesterday night, dinner was great, wasn't it?" Hermione said, stuffing porridge into her mouth, trying to patch the conversation back again.

"You weren't even here," Ron said in a dead voice. He turned to Hermione. "Where were you, sneaking off like that?"

"Wasinthelibrary," Hermione said quickly and swallowed her last bite of porridge. "We're late, aren't we? Come on, Harry, Neville, Ron - Bye Ginny, I will meet you at lunch." She waved back to Ginny and hurried to Charms.
_________________________
"So where were you? What did you want help with? Luna said she'd got the letter too. You need help from me." Neville said Hermione as she sat with him to do the Protective Spell. She didn't say a word and removed her wand quietly.

"Wherever you were, I know it was not the library because I was there with Luna. Of course I didn't tell them, but Ron almost went to Slytherin Common Room. It was horrible."

"Do you by any chance know where Sir Cadogan is?" Hermione asked suddenly.

"Above the Dungeons, you see. Just three floors above."

"Oh, and also, I need one of your Herbology books."

"Is that why you sent me such an urgent message at two in the night?" Neville asked.

"Oh, Neville, I'll come to your dormitory to get the book. See, boys are not allowed."

"Okay."

Hermione smiled but didn't say anything. They practiced defending spells for the rest of the class, until it was break. Hermione caught up with Harry.

"Psst, Harry, please come with me to the library!"

"Ron will murder me," he said through gritted teeth.

"He's with Neville, so he wouldn't even know!"

Harry walked out with Hermione to the library.

"What do you want to search? Not one of the Azkaban thing -"

"No this is much more important!"

Hermione knew that Harry wouldn't have read her letter, so she told him everything about the secret passage and Elder Wand her suspicions of Aberforth.