Chapter Four - Detention for the First Time

A week had passed with excellent days and a lot of Quidditch practice and studies. Harry had to keep the team together; Quidditch was their only way of livelihood after the disasters of the war.

The Trio and Neville were hurrying to their Potions class after lunch.

"Hurry up, Neville, we're going to be late for class!" Hermione yelled from above the stairs as Neville struggled to keep up. Neville was fit of course, but when it came to Potions class, he always seemed to lag behind.

"Hermione," Ron panted. "We're going to the library first and may I know why? Because this is not the way to Potions."

"Become bright now, have you?"

"Hermione..."

"Yeah? I have to check upon an infusion. Do you know there were weeds found in Azkaban which have not wilted even within the presence of the Dementors?"

"We don't care, Hermione," Harry said irritably.

"Oh Harry, it'll be useful for you, imagine all that energy you'll save by not casting your Patronus and drinking a draught or a Repelling Potion."

"We're going to class," Ron said firmly from below. "Join us later, will you?"

Hermione glared at Ron, but didn't say a word. She shrugged nonchalantly and so the boys left, and Hermione went up to the library alone. Boys are a serious distraction when it comes to libraries, she thought. She searched the racks for a few minutes, but could not find anything. She had seven books in her hand, which came of no use to her. She thought of borrowing a Herbology book from Neville, when she suddenly tripped and fell over the lush carpet.

"I told you we'd find her here now, didn't I?" a voice said from behind, one she recognized only too well.

"You said she'd be buried under a pile of books and we'd have to pull her out," George reminded him.

Fred bent over and gave Hermione a hand as she struggled to get up under the weight of seven or more books.

"See, I'd told you," Fred said, turning to George. "So what brings you to the library, 'mione?" he asked.

Hermione sighed irritatedly. "I'm not the one who cannot be seen in libraries. What makes you two sacrifice your lunch time and come to the library which is the last place you'll ever want to go?"

"We were here of course -"

"Researching -"

"On new Potions of sorts."

"Ron used to get us books so we wouldn't have to come here-"

"And, we wanted something from you," George said quickly.

"Oh no, I'm not helping you," Hermione said quickly as she packed her bags and prepared to leave for her class.

"Oh 'mione please," Fred and George cooed as they followed her.

"Boys, I'll be late for class, so excuse me."

"Oh, we will meet," George said.